Open Source Story Game Starter Kit

I was bored and so I create a quick Story Game Starter Kit.

Welcome to the Story Game Starter Kit this Kit contains:

• A awesome vehicle (Does not drive)
  • Joining Queue Script
  • High quality seats!
  • A Exit Button that works!
  • A teleportation to the game place of your choice

Also if a player Exit the Queue they will still be teleported. You also have to find out how it works and implement it. (First Task hehe)

Once again, this is for education and not to get you a complete finished game

I added here all scripts just to preview them.

Disclaimer: It’s not supposed to be a full working game. Please do not ask me to complete the whole game. Feel free to ask me questions about it if you don’t understand some things or you find a bug. This Starter Kit is supposed for everyone to learn how the basic works and to continue working on it and trying different things out. I really only added the most basic things. For more informations read the ReadMe File on Workspace and the Game Description.

• Everything is specific explained in the source code lines and commented. If you got any questions, feel free to ask.

Link to the Place click the 3 dots and then on edit.

GitHub to review the code without having to edit the place.

Have Fun while trying out and educate yourself.

28 Likes

I like the idea of this. But, It’s not really much of a starter kit though? I only see 1 model and usually starter kits provide ALL the essential needs/foundation to make a game or whatever it is you are doing. There are many aspects to a story game, the teleporting bus with seats is definitely one of them but there are probably about 3 other things that I could list off that I’d consider essential to creating one of these games. What I’m really trying to say here is that you should consider adding more to this starter kit, such as a quick scene that you often see in one of these story games with one of those little NPCS telling you what to do or maybe a little gamepass shop UI that they can purchase flashlights and things to get around the story map. Nothing too big, but just more foundation to helping them properly create one of these games.

8 Likes

I will consider that and I may continue working on it since it’s fun to help people out and explain stuff. Thank you for your feedback!

4 Likes