[OPEN SOURCE] SynsEasy | An example is simply the synchronisation with VS CODE. Exporting scripts

Download

SynsEasy plugin (375.0 KB)

Source plugin roblox | SynsEasy.rbxl (75.9 KB)
A framework is used

Source code of the nodejs server

Introduction

This plugin allows you to export scripts from roblox studio to any external IDE editor. This project is just made as an example. The project is not an analogue, or competitor to Rojo.

It uses nodejs to work. Nodejs records all changes in the studio scripts, and allows you to do two-way code sniffing.

I hope that it will be useful for someone to develop their own plugins.

Who is this plug-in for?

-For novice plug-in developers only. To see the synchronisation method.
-For those who want to export their scripts to files for some reason

Caution! Do not use this system in your projects. It has not been tested. A file may be lost.

Demonstration of work

The video is in Russian. But you can still see how it works.

Start

Instructions for integration

You must have nodejs installed.
Run the app.js file with the command:

node app.js

In the plug-in, open the Path tab. Specify the directory in which the projects will be exported. This is the common directory. SynsEasy itself creates a separate folder for each place.

Exporting project code Then click Exporting project code. And all scripts will be exported to a separate folder.

Two-way synchronisation Only then can full synchronisation be activated.
Alternative running nodejs

Inside the source code of the nodejs server, there is an app.exe file.
It may get scolded by antivirus.

Compiling exe

To compile an exe file, use this command. You must have a pkg installed.
pkg app.js --targets node12-win-x64

If you remove the attributes, it will compile for linux and mac:
pkg app.js

Features

There is only one interesting feature I would like to highlight.
The plugin itself creates a folder for each project. You don’t need to worry about creating folders or making settings every time you open another project.

A framework for plug-ins

The plug-in interface is based on this framework. SynsEasy is more of a promotion :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Okay, that’s cool! I’m sure there are some excellent plug-ins available, but I haven’t looked at them yet.

2 Likes

How does this compare to https://rojo.space? What are the differences between them?

1 Like

Rojo is a complete working tool.
SynsEasy is just an example of how an exchange between roblox and ide can be implemented.

Rojo has a VScode extension that allows you to plug a lua module inside the project. Autocomplete.
SynsEasy doesn’t.

The only interesting thing in my opinion is the automatic splitting of different places. SynsEasy does this automatically.

Great work on this plugin it looks pretty simple to use :+1:

1 Like

damn how did u do that man thats epic

1 Like