[Open Source] TeamService2 | Control your game's teams

:open_book: Documentation | :trophy: Get Module

NOTE: This is a wrapper module. I no longer have time to update this module as the code is really bad and needs improvement.

TeamService2 allows you to control your game’s teams, with a cool looking module.

EDIT: I challenged myself to make a module in half an hour with help from different websites, and I did it in 14 minutes.
This module is only for beginners who are new to Roblox Studio.
This is also the first module I’ve made. Don’t take it too seriously, and this was also made to help out my community in Discord.

To use this module in a script, all you need to do is:

• Put the module anywhere (such as ReplicatedStorage)
  • Put this code at the top of your script:
local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local moduleScript = ReplicatedStorage:WaitForChild("TeamService2")
local module = require(moduleScript)

Credits

â—‹ ForeverHD - Inspiration (TopBar+ v2)

More

TeamService2 is free. This module is open source, meaning you can do whatever you want with the module. This module will continue to get updates until I quit the project, which I can tell by the community that it's coming.
7 Likes

Can you post some images on how it works, please?

2 Likes

Read the document it has instructions on how to use @Danil_5678

2 Likes

why should we use this instead of the normal TeamService Roblox have?

3 Likes

Looking at the documentation and the 102-line source code, I honestly don’t find anything useful as the functions provided don’t do anything beyond what can already be achieved by the Teams service with basic scripting knowledge.

3 Likes

I was also about to say this. The module seems like a wrapper for the builtin functions and therefore slower & a waste of memory.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you already do the features in the original team service?

1 Like

I don’t see any use for this module whatsoever.

You can already do these things using the default TeamService, a waste of memory. Half of your module uses team names and the other half uses team objects, very confusing and hard to remember. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I wrote this as an issue on Github, so I’ll quickly state some things here.

You literally cannot legally stop people from doing this. By putting your code on Github or Roblox (both as open-source) you cannot stop people from editing your code or “stealing” (which is the wrong term) your work. You also cannot require people to credit you; this is why they are “free” models. When you publish the module, you are giving people free reign to do whatever.

Also, as others stated, this is basically a wrapper.

2 Likes

I agree with you. But one question, whats a wrapper?

Taking a function or code snippet from one library and making another library call said function under a different function’s name. For example:

All this code snippet is doing is switching the player’s team in an arguably less efficient way.

3 Likes

Updated the post and the comments in the module. :+1: