[Open Sourced] Custom Bubble Chat

Hey everyone! It’s me, Alphexus. I created a Custom Bubble Chat for a club game I am working on and decided to open source it. This Custom Bubble Chat took me about 3 days. Anyways, have fun using this as a learning tool to improve your scripting, and I would greatly appreciate feedback on the programming as I would love to improve my knowledge.

Notice: If you use this for a game, I would appreciate it if you give me credit. Thanks.

Preview:
https://gyazo.com/3a2109f1bc7fa8d958789f67c2803494

Place:

167 Likes

Hey, I’ve tried it out, but the “ChatBubble” doesn’t see to appear at all. Only the text. Perhaps helping me? Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to add the script in the ReplicatedFirst section, what an idiot I am.
Edit2: Still, doesn’t show the Bubble, just the text.

3 Likes

Decided to play around with the Chat for another day. Managed to fix all the bugs that I’ve come across so far with a new message sorting method. Supports multi-line messages too. Now it’s smoother than ever.

https://gyazo.com/0f6b6b98f0b5aa70f3bb24e0756c6a79

Check it out here:

28 Likes

Can you try out the game one more time? Since I tried solving the issue by re uploading the images.

Still, doesn’t work. I’ll try and re-add them all.

2 Likes

Should be fixed now. I uploaded the images straight to Roblox as decals.

1 Like

Well, now it works, but the three “…” is now missing.

1 Like

Oops. Forgot to upload the dots as images. Ill edit this message once its uploaded.

Edit: Fixed

4 Likes

Wish I could try this for myseldf but roblox studio is stuck in a never ending loading.

1 Like

You should make it so that the typing effect disappears after a couple seconds if the person doesn’t continue typing, otherwise you can just open the chat and go afk and it will seem to another player like you’ve been typing forever.

5 Likes

I really love the design of it, and I’m currently trying to work on a dark mode for it. It’s too bad Roblox doesn’t change the color of the black dots to white though. But other than that, this looks amazing.

3 Likes

You can take this transparent image of a dot I made. I changed the color to white, so you can change the image color to anything on studio.
dot

5 Likes

The Dark mode has been successful, not gonna lie this looks really good in Dark mode.

14 Likes

Does it support chat filtering, or is it already implemented?

2 Likes

Chat Filtering is already implemented.

2 Likes

This is awesome I may use it at some point.

1 Like

Ayyy! I saw you post this somewhere on Discord, glad to see it’s out now! Looks very smooth, very dope :flushed:

1 Like

Lovely contribution to the DevForum Community!

Such a unique asset! I actually love the TypingIndicator. It’s an amazing piece of work. Very cool and VERY unique. I feel if you had enough time you could do an Explainer Video on what caused you to create this and the process. I’m sure a lot of people here would be fascinated to know how you created this.

Thanks for the contribution!
The_Marshlet

2 Likes

Hey everyone. I added an anti-AFK to the Custom Bubble Chat. Basically, if it doesn’t detect input from the player after 5 seconds, they are AFK. If you keep on typing, it will basically reset the timer.

I also made this Bubble Chat a model. So enjoy.

Preview of anti-afk:
https://gyazo.com/6357323f26630cddb0c3c4bfa516629d

12 Likes

Interesting Design, keep up the good work.

2 Likes