Open Sourcing A Donation Board [ Roact ] [FIXED ORDERING BUG]

INTRODUCTION

Hello I’m DeathToTheStadium , and i Made a simple
Donation Board Using Roblox’s Roact Library

WHY DID I MAKE IT?

Well i was just starting to learn the Roblox’s Roact framework so i needed a fun project so I looked in the tool box looking for something to remake & well by Chance i decided to Search for a Donation board & Moreover
when you search the Key Phrase Donation Board you will find that the model has been botted to Oblivion & we can all obviously deduce that more than likely they have backdoors so i decided to make a simple donation board

HOW DO YOU USE IT ?

its fairly easy to set up Just make sure you

enable Roblox’s Api Services so the internal Datastore can Do its setup

after that :slight_smile: lets start the Simple setup process
P.S.(Here is the Structure of the Chest)

Product Setup

1. Make your products
  2. Setting your products in the Module

Make your products

Setting your products in the Module
Then once you’ve Made your Products Go to the Module
and Go to (Code → DataHandler - > App - > Products)
Once there open up the Module and follow the gif

Results

[ Optional ] Theme Setup

1. Opening The Theme Module
  2. Setting The Theme

Opening The Theme Module

Setting The Theme

Results :slight_smile:

Want To Give Roact a Try too ?

Documentation ==> Roact Documentation
Rbmx File ======> Release v1.3.0 · Roblox/roact · GitHub
Tutorial ========> Roact Tutorial

Want To Learn How To Code Your Own Resources ?

Come Join my Discord Server:
DEV SQUAD {LEARN, BUILD SCRIPT, PLAY}

What Do We Do? Glad you asked :slight_smile: !!!

• We Develop & Share Knowledge Through Online Classes
  • We Chat and Play Games
  • We Sell, Trade, & Advertise Our Creations
  • We Strive To Build a Multicultural Community Where We Can Grow As Individuals As Developers Or As Players :slight_smile:

Come Join Dev Squad ⇒ DevSquad

[BUGFIXES V1.43]

03/08/2021 PST 2:21AM

1. Fixed Inconsistencies in Theme Module
  2. Added A Extra Option to change the underline Color
    Just incase you want it different Color
  3. Updated Devforum Docs
  4. Fixed the ordering bug where after 10 players are added the uI wouldnt display the position/ranks correctly
21 Likes

Great job @DeathToTheStadium! Setup is very easy, and I’m proud you’re putting this out there! Finally, something which can possibly compete with Roblox’s standard open source donation board which I’m sure we all know of.

Also, I was wondering if you’d be able to make an option to (because yes im that picky) customize the transparency for the background and text/background/scroll bar outlines, as well as the ability to customize the cyan coloured text/bar? If not, it’s still very cool!

Very satisfied with what you’ve made, proud you’ve finished it! :+1:

3 Likes

Pretty cool resource, contains a lot and the theme module is a nice touch, something a lot of resources on this forum don’t have. I skimmed through the code, and one thing I will say is that the method of DataStores used is pretty inefficient. I recommend making one datastore and storing a table, then caching it once called. This way, you can save up on requests and not overflow with the limits.

3 Likes

@DiscombobulatedJack Thank you, for the great Feedback ill be sure to implement some of your ideas it actually wouldn’t be too hard Roact makes it easy for me to manage UI Data

3 Likes

@IronRobotStudios I agree I actually didn’t like the way I had to set up the Ordered Data store, I really wanted to make sure that when it spat data out it came out in a nice order :slight_smile: but definitely will take a look at some new methods for coding the data store if you have any interesting feedback i would greatly apreciate it

2 Likes

I agree with your views that it should be easier to customize those two.

I did however find the color values for them in Code.Datahandler.App.RoactComponents.Frames.
You can find them on line 67 and 161 if you’d like to change them.

2 Likes

This is really cool! One suggestion that I have is to change the ui up a bit, perhaps make it more clean. Other then that, I will definitely be using these boards in the future!

1 Like

Hey Today I implemented the Theme Color Fix and I added one more option to change the color for the underline
ill be working towards updating the Data store model improving the readability of the roact tree

1 Like

vouch hes a good scripter pog, he makes good stuff

1 Like

Much agree! Here are some images as requested by @DeathToTheStadium of my game showcasing it, the benefits to simply just having it laying around in game are endless. Really serves as a competitor to our standard donation board. Looking forward to more updates on this, and also your fix to the listed order of donators!

There is a bad bad bug with this, with the whole UI not existing, its just a blank chest… and it doesn’t say anywhere in the instructions that its supposed to be like that.

I don’t think it should look like this :grimacing:

The user interface is generated when the game loads essentially it’s all loaded through code but duely noted ill be sure to make it more understandble to avoid confusion on how the ui loads

How do you make it look good? By default the UIs look horrible

1 Like