Open sourcing my "broken" game to make it easier for people to see what's wrong with it

dunno where to put this, so I’m putting it here.

So lately I’ve been struggling with something. I was trying to make a sonic gravity controller because no-one else has done it/told anyone how they did it. I made a simple one and made a post about how easy it was. The one I presented in that post couldn’t be used to make a full on sonic-like game however, so I’ve upgraded it more and more to make it more complete. I wanted to release this to the public after it was done, but there is currently one problem that stands in my way.

my problem

I wanted to make it so when the player is in the air, the gravity controller gets disabled and when they’re on the ground, the gravity controller gets enabled. I setted up a leaderstat script that had a boolValue in it and made it so when the player is in the air, the value becomes unchecked/false and when on the ground it becomes checked/true. My plan was to make it so when the value is checked, the gravity controller gets disabled and vice versa, but here’s where my problem begins. Whenever I try to check the value and disable/enable the players gravity controller, it just flings the player. Whenever it doesn’t it only runs once and then the player can’t run on ceilings. I’ve asked multiple times on how to solve this problem (I asked once (excluding this post) on the DevForum, multiple times elsewhere) but nobody could solve my problem. I decided that if I open sourced my game then it would be easier for other people to understand my issue. This is why I want to open source my game.

the open sourced game

This is the game Sonic Gravity Controller test - Roblox don’t think about stealing it and calling it your own cause if you do, then I’ll just make it public that you stole it or whatever I dunno.

I made this sonic gravity controller using EgoMoose’ gravity controller (Wall stick/Gravity Controller)

If you figured out what the problem is, please tell me what it is how to solve it

1 Like