Open World MMORPG Game (need feedback)

Hello all, I have been developing an open-world mmorpg game for a while now. It’s not released yet. Still have some work to do as i am not good with modeling/building. However, almost all scripts are completed. I was having trouble deciding on some gameplay features and wanted to have your feedback to make the game better.

I couldn’t decide on how the weapons (swords,bows,etc.) and armors would be obtained by the players. I had some ideas but couldn’t decide on one.
1- Drop from monsters in the world
2- Drop from monsters in the dungeon or drop as a reward of completing the dungeon
3- buy from a shop with the coins dropped from monsters
4- craft them with materials dropped from monsters
I’d be really happy if you guys can give me an idea on which would be the best option.

Second question is, how should the xp/gold be distributed?
1- everyone who has damaged the mob gets %100 xp,gold
2- distributed equally between everyone who has damaged the mob.
3- only the person who last hit gets %100

I also really need some testers soon to find bugs before release, so if you want to be a tester just reach out to me from dc: LeqenDz#6332
Here’s some pictures ( GUIs and Images will be changed.)

3 Likes

Could you drop the link to the game so I could check it out for myself, also game looks nice and polished one thing is that the UI is all over the place though

2 Likes

Q1 options 2 or 3 sound best to me, probably 2

• Players will be more engaged if they don’t get items too quickly, so have them complete quests for them, or have some monsters in dungeons drop rare items but not all types, or just coins, and not everywhere so it’s less easily obtainable. As long as the game isn’t too tedious, those options are best to keep players in the game for longer.

• Option 4 sounds like this would make it a little tedious, although it could work if you don’t have too many materials and only need a few to craft.

Q2 option 1 BUT

• I think you’re missing an option - I believe it should be distributed in regards to who dealt the most damage to the monster, e.g. 200/1000 health only gives you 20% of the reward when it dies. This may be a complicated system to integrate but it makes the most sense.
  • If that’s too complicated (understandable). go with option 2 as option 1 could be exploited and option 3 could also be exploited - e.g. i swoop in out of nowhere to get the last hit and take coins from someone who was working hard, and dealing 1 damage to a mob with, say, 1000 health shouldn’t give me 100% of the reward.
1 Like

I haven’t fully published the game yet, lobby is still a work on progress. Thanks for the feedback, i was thinking of making the gui smaller or at least making an option to hide some GUIs

1 Like

How many players do you intend to support per server?

1. Why not a combination? You probably want a shop though.

2. Don’t give everyone 100%, your economy would inflate rather quickly. If you use last hit it would probably encourage undesired behavior, players could just stop attacking and wait until the very end.

As mentioned above, splitting the reward based on damage contributed would be the simplest solution.

Good luck with the game.

I was thinking of 16 players in the world and 6 or 8 players in a dungeon.
I guess i’ll make common items buyable in the shop and the rares only droppable.
thanks for the feedback.

Are you looking for any developers/investors working beside you on this game?

Yes, i need a modeler/builder. As for investors, i haven’t really thought about that but it would be nice to have an investor i guess.

1 Like

Greetings, I personally am quite interested in your project idea, I been modelling on roblox for over 3+ years, I’ve contributed to the game swordburst 2,. collaborator for project eternity by MOTE Games and have developed a game, World of Aincrad. I’ve also made a game with a team of blockzone affiliates, called sword lands simulator for fun. it made quite some money, and I even learnt a lot about in game funding and how to make money, and keeping consistent updates, I personally really wanna feel the feeling again!! its been a good year since I been able to do fun stuff like that and I really want to help you out on this project, if you are still developing on it, I can send you a load of creations I made and models, I also make user interfaces, I could really help you out and I want to this out of fun and enjoyment, no money needed. I also shout out a friend request to you, Cday, if per chance, I would love to get to talk to you!!

Listen the map looks amazing.
But the items not that much.
They look not good to be honest :slight_smile: