OpenAI in Roblox - Answers from an AI!

I noticed a flaw that can get your game moderated: According to Roblox’s TOS any user inputed text/third party text must be moderated using the TextService:FilterStringAsync feature. I see this is not the case and it can get your game moderated.

There are also OpenAI endpoints that can help you moderate this type of content. If you use their moderation endpoint you can help to remove these types of responses even though it would still break Roblox’s TOS since Roblox doesn’t trust devs to do their own filtering.

So, in conclusion, just use the roblox TextService:FilterStringAsync service.

3 Likes

I use the roblox filtering for the ai inputs but not the output, thanks for warning me about this.

2 Likes

I will try to look into that. I hadn’t tried on small screens (ex: mobile) so thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Update:

• All inputs/outputs get filtered through the TextService
  • Request Cooldown has been put to 10 → 15 seconds
  • Character limit set from 800 → 700

Also, I’ll be trying to figure out with how I can consume less tokens, but for now I’ll see how it will go. Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: Game is now back to normal and filtering should be able to work properly. Sorry to those who joined while I was doing it!

Filtering does not seem to work

Can you say please, did you wrote this AI yourself, or it external?

1 Like

It’s External. OpenAi is open source and has an api. He scripted HttpRequests to Openai.com

1 Like

shit isn’t censored?

oh man. I really don’t know what to do then other than making an array full of cuss words… because I have filtering on it, I will try to dive into this. Thanks for feedback!

Use the original Roblox chat filter ig.