Open Cloud Tools is a desktop application for Windows and MacOS that allows you to interact with Roblox’s Open Cloud API, currently focusing on the Datastore and MessagingService APIs. Open Cloud Tools supports viewing, editing, reverting, bulk downloading, bulk deleting, and much more.
Thanks to user @Loominatrx for the new Icon and OP images.
A short video demonstrating MessagingService
An outdated video demonstrating some of what OpenCloudTools can do. A lot more has been added since this was recorded.
Send messages that your game servers can consume using MessagingService.
- List datastores
- List datastore entries
- View entries
- View entry version history
- View or revert to old versions
- Edit entries
- Delete entries
- Bulk Download
- Dump all of the entries in one or more datastores to a sqlite database. This data can later be uploaded through the ‘Bulk Upload’ operation.
- Bulk Delete
- Delete all of the entries in one or more datastores.
- Bulk Undelete
- Scan one or more datastores for deleted entries and restore their previous version.
- Bulk Upload
- Upload a sqlite datastore dump. This can be used to restore from a backup or transfer data from one universe to another.
To create an API key, go to the Credentials page of the Roblox Creator Dashboard and click the “Create API Key” button.
The only permission available for Messaging is ‘Publish’, which is required to send messages.
The bare minimum permissions that the key will need to list and view entries are:
- List Datastores
- List Entry Keys
- Read Entry
A read-only key can also optionally include:
- List Versions
- Read Version
The remaining permissions all allow modifying the datastore and you should give them out as needed:
- Create Datastore
- Create Entry
- Update Entry
- Delete Entry