"Opening a game will close the currently opened place. Continue?" - Infinite Loop

Edit: Potential cause at the bottom of post

I have encountered an issue recently where I get stuck in a loop of “Opening a game will close the currently opened place. Continue?” popups when trying to access an online studio game. Even though I have no game in the background. Every time I choose to continue it opens a new studio, attempts and then fails to open the game and brings me back to the studio homepage.

Steps Taken:
. I open Roblox Studio
. Navigate to Games → Group Games → [A game with online studio enabled]
. A popup displays “Opening a game will close the currently opened place. Continue?” I click “Yes”
. The game name is displayed in the ‘Game’ window, however another Studio client is then created.
. In this new client it starts requesting access to the game, I then presume it fails and puts me back to the main studio page again.

It’s important to note I have no other games open in Roblox Studio. This bug is only an issue with games with online studio enabled.

This is what the combined amount of clients ends up looking like:

This is the old client after I have clicked to open the game and a new client opens (Important to look at the output)

Other Details:
. This happens 100% of the time
. Sometimes no new client is created, it just disconnects and keeps the current client open
. If I choose the ‘Edit’ option on a game on Chrome it opens up the studio client, attempts to connect then disconnects.
. I can access other games just not this one linked below
.This doesn’t fix after a PC restart

So currently I have no way of getting into this game to edit it:

I was able to edit this game yesterday…

EDIT:
After writing this I have released there is someone else in online studio in the specific game I am trying to access. I believe they have been in there for maybe 12+ hours now (They never turn off their PC)

EDIT 2:
After clicking ‘Shutdown all Servers’ it seemed to boot out the player in Studio and now I can join the game and edit. This seemed to be caused by a user being in an online studio game for a prolonged amount of time.

1 Like

I think what happened here is that your studio client updated to a newer version, and the server never updated because there was someone still in it. We’ll think about potential ways to handle this, but that would be a long term fix, not something we can deal with right away.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.