Opening a new script window crashes studio

Ever since the update was introduced where control + shift + f would open another script editor my studio has been crashing every once in a while when I click on it. I’ve also noticed if it doesn’t crash sometimes studio pauses for a little bit before opening the file.

Normally it looks like this:

System Information: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1195G7 @ 2.90GHz, 16.0 GB, Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Beta Features: All

1 Like

Hi,

Isn’t that the key combo for Find / Replace All?

1 Like

OK, I repro-d this. As seen in the picture, Find All / Replace all is docked on the left and there are scripts on both side.

• You keep finding stuff, then double clicking on results
  • After a few times Studio crashes
3 Likes

Any updates on this? I keep losing progress because of this bug.

Hi, thanks for checking in on this, the fix is in the codebase, and should be coming soon (hopefully as soon as next release).

1 Like

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

I’m not sure if the bug fix is out yet but this is still happening to me.

Hi,

Thank you for the reminder, we had been delayed a bit but the fix is in the code and we’re hoping it ships next week.

1 Like

Unfortunately this will have to be January – it’s the end of the year break.

2 Likes

Hi there @idevride I appreciate your work and your replies and posts you’ve made! I follow you, so I get to see your amazing solutions and other things that you have done on here!

1 Like

This bug should be fixed now. Thank you guys so much for being patient.

1 Like

Thanks for the fix! Looking forward to trying it out

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.