Opinion about my gui?

Hello!

I am making a gui for my application centre. I was wondering if you guys have any tips and tricks for it!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
Jonas

7 Likes

Looks amazing, but I think the grey wording “answer here,” should have a different, more visible color. Eyes may have a blur when they lack liquids or readjustment, causing them to lack the ability to read simple stated words in various colors.

1 Like

Cool idea! I was thinking of even removing that. Just a box. Or shouldn’t I trust on other people 's brain that much?

1 Like

Hi,

In my opinion, looks cool.
As I see as Player, it’s kinda dull with these colors. You could add any blurred OR animated background to it. Also, I would make bigger paddings and replace the “1|”, “2|”… numbers with anything obvious.

Overall, it’s just an application center, users will spend only 10 minutes here. That’s a perfect place for that purpose. :wink:

That’s all, good luck.

3 Likes

Since Roblox is a family-friendly community, all players are reliable on the developer(s) to create a fun, and creative world for them to experience joy and entertainment. Simplifying the fact that the majority of players who are 13 and under my lack the knowledge to read such things is possible, and should be taken to account on.

In the 1-10 questions, instead of just having a textbox, have the applicant select a number from 1-10 from a dropdown or another method of your choice. It would allow you to sort those questions’ data easily as you won’t have diversity (“1”, “one”, “One”) and it would be more visually appealing over all.

Nice job!

3 Likes

WOAH! Awesome idea!Any idea what I should animate? My creativity level is like - 10.

Got any examples as inspiration?

Thanks already!

Kind regards,
Jonas

1 Like

I would also add more pizzazz, like party streamers or other topics to your GUI.

1 Like

I am not sure what you mean with that. Got an example?

[https://imaxmelbourne.com.au/images/uploads/Birthday_Parties/BIG_1434-2_IMAXHire_WebImage_Birthdays_BIG_540x304.jpg] (Link To Image (No permission is needed to be reused)

1 Like

In my opinion, this a good GUI. There are some things I think you can change which is listed below. Good job on the GUI! :slight_smile:

Suggestion:

1. Size the < and > buttons to fill more of the screen and move them a little farther from the question frames
  2. Use bold font, like GothamBlack or GothamBold
  3. Use more eye catching colors instead of just black and grey shades
  4. Remove the gap in between the top of each question and the answer frame.
  5. Use rounded buttons and ImageLabels for the questions and move buttons. (more cartoon look)
  6. If you choose to do rounded, use frames to make a 3D effect of the guis
  7. Move the positions of each question when tweeting back or to a new question so the player doesn’t see the previous or next question
5 Likes

Maybe a sparkling affect when the user switches scenes.

2 Likes

Thanks, that are very useful tips! I’ll try them out tomorrow when I get on my pc again!

1 Like

You’re welcome, and have a wonderful time. (Credit from everyone, to you)

1 Like

I actually really like this, very clean design. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe increase the size of the question box? It seems like the text and black box should be a bit bigger.

1 Like

Roblox is for all ages and as developers, it’s our job to make Roblox a great place for everyone! There are people that haven’t very good eyes or some problems with reading text, that’s why it’s recommended that you make the text and buttons easily to read.

2 Likes

Changed that! :slight_smile: Thanks for the heads-up! I competely forgot about it :stuck_out_tongue:

Too much SourceSansPro Light, try using other type such as SemiBold on answers.

I will, thanks for the idea! Really appreciate it!