Opinion on Badges?

Recently I was thinking about adding badges to my game, but I don’t really see the benefits.

If anyone could shed some light on this topic it would be helpful

9 Likes

If you add hidden or secret badges they could play longer to try to find them! Same goes for leaderstat/ reaching a high level badge.

6 Likes

If you add badges, you should also give in-game rewards instead of just a badge (Items, in-game accessories, etc.) . You can also increase the playtime if you make them hard to get too.

4 Likes

Badges add a sense of achievement for the player, giving them something to work towards and be proud of achieving. Think of badges like trophies; you can have join badges (participation trophies), then you can have the harder badges, which would be more sought after.

In addition, there is the possibility of free advertising through a player’s profile. When a popular influencer plays a game and receives a badge, there is a strong likelihood that more players will join your game based on the fact that they might just get a screenshot with their favorite influencers.

They’re easy to implement, add a willingness to succeed, and can act as free advertising; there is no reason not to include badges in your experience!

6 Likes