Opinion on Medieval House?

Looking for opinions (constructive opinions are also needed if necessary!)

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

You should add a chimney! I also think you did say to much on the windows and wood planks.

2 Likes

I totally forgot about a chimney, I’ll add that in! Thanks :slight_smile:

It looks pretty good but you can always improve it. My suggestions are:

• Half of the house should be made out of bricks or concrete.

• The windows are way to big for me, so try to make them smaller.

• The roof does not really match with the rest of the house. Try to change the color.

• As @ScytheSlayin said, add a chimney .

Here is a picture that you can get some inspiration from:

Medieval house 3d model

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll make the changes you’ve suggested me.

1 Like

Great House!
I think that to make a little better you should use wood on the beams and maybe concrete on the walls of the house. As @111icydragon111 said you should change the colour of the roof, it doesn’t match with the rest of the house. I also think that maybe the windows could be changed a little bit, they look a little bit odd and not very consistent with each other.
Other than that, I think it looks really good! :smiley:

2 Likes

Looks really nice, I love the level of detail put in however there are some changes I think should be implemented to further user experience.

• The window’s material could be set to glass and made reflective
  • The wooden beams and white areas should be made out of their respective materials, for wood it should be the wood material and the walls could possibly be smooth plastic but with a lighter colour.

Overall it looks really good!

2 Likes

You should add some material to the building, such as brick and wood. Some interior designs, if you want to. Like @ScytheSlayin said, add the chimney. I think that would help a lot, plus some smoke effects. I just recommend looking up on YouTube. Your build kind of reminds me of this. I’d recommend you try to stick to that style. Other than the materials and such, I’d say it’s fine. Also for the door, I’d add a rusted doorknob.

Great job so far though! Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, I’ll implement your ideas!
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The spacing for the wood detailing is much too thin here, typically it’s in a thicker rectangle type of spacing, rather than these very thin horizontal rectangle spaces seen here:

Also, the windows are much too big in proportion. Typically with these old buildings the windows are very small in comparion to modern styles.

I’d recommend possibly making the walls themselves the concrete material; it’ll lend to the texture that the buildings typically had. Also, I’d possibly change the color of the khaki as well, maybe a darker shade would look better.

Add some shingles to the roof possibly? If you dont know how to do it easily, heres a tutorial on how to. The building plugin they are using is called SBS. Diesoft is a great reference in general for building tips.

I have a building I made pretty quickly that lends to this style; it’s not perfect but I hope it can be seen as useful.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll definitely look at the link and adjust this build.
Once again, thanks! :smile:

1 Like