Opinion on my Low-poly models

Hello!
I have made a couple models in the past week (I’m new to Blender) and I need Honest Opinions and Criticism

Thanks
Leave1001

5 Likes

Well for low poly models they are pretty good.

One thing I would say is I’m not a huge fan of the calm tree. I can’t tell if it’s the leaves or the fact the palm tree just looks a little small for a palm tree. The other tree and rocks look really good though and I’d probably use them myself if I ever built a game (that’s not happening I’m terrible at building :laughing:). Another consideration really is that people may critique you more harshly as that specific tree has been made low poly by a large range of people and therefore although the principle is good they will be like “oh it’s mediocre”.

The sword is a bit eh, where in one respect the sword looks nice the amount of detail is lacking and the blade itself could use work (consider making it more 3D). Keep it up though.

Hi I would like to clear your suspicion with some pictures inside blender
(I don’t have the tree models because they were my first models and I didn’t save then I just imported them from blender and closed the app Lets hope these convince you)

I threw in another model just for more proof
(I just want people to think I’m legit xd because I’m gonna start selling when I get better!)

This is NOT FREE MODEL it look like free model just because it default shape in blender not everything that look default and simple are free model

Thank you for the reply!

I will do my best to get better! Btw I kinda rushed the sword though because I was moving from states and had 20 minutes to make it. also I do know the pine tree is EH but a tree is a tree :slight_smile: I am currently really proud of what I built and wanted others opinion
so I don’t just make a game with mediocre builds.
Sorry for my punctuation and spelling errors Just started Highschool and I tend to not listen or do work so Im not good at this.

Thanks for standing up for me but I just sent in a few images to convince him!

Oh yeah ill actully reply the topic now those are nice the only thing ill criticize about is the rock it look very rounded compare to trees and the sword overall those are nice and the sword doesn’t look rush at all :slight_smile:

Thanks again
The crowd here is giving mixed opinions on these models
but I honestly can tell where some people and you are coming from.
I was a modeler using blender 2.79 for like 1 week then the update 2.8 came out along with the new layout also with buttons being changed (Or I might of forgotten some and thought they changed them)
(Ik I can download 2.79 again but my computer cant handle downloading much and I don’t think 2.8 models save to 2.79)

I currently have loads of models that I made from 2.79 in my inv but I don’t want to share them because I’m not proud of them. Thanks again hope I see you commenting
on more of my work in the future
P.S
I’m bad at spelling

1 Like

@pup_seas @Leave1001

Apparently Critical has gone onto other threads with his attitude, I wouldn’t take it too harshly Leave as at least he said you did alright. Not sure what his opening is all about :laughing:

Update

“After my speculations and observation and knowledge coming from advanced capabilities to ultimately determine the…” seems to be his favourite phrase.

I would definitely agree with pup in saying that the rocks are a bit too rounded, I study geology and honestly the only time a rock becomes rounded is through being in water or in the case of what you’ve done - when the rock is Obsidian. Rocks are much more angular and sharp on the edges so don’t be afraid to have some sharpness on it. The sword looking at the render looks better, its probably due to the size of the Roblox image that it doesn’t look stunning - you’ve put in a lot of effort though and I think with more examples being made (and therefore more practice) you will be on track to create some nice stuff.

Keep up the good work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks (like for the 100-time xd)
Thanks for the research was not excepting that…
I have checked him out and seen him around before
couple minutes ago I checked his account on the dev forum and saw he speculates a lot.
(No offence to him if hes reading this btw)

2 Likes

To be honest, you’re doing great for a start.
Keep it up, and try to spend as much time as you can on each model, you’ll get better in no time if you do that, don’t rush anything.

1 Like

The only thing I want to say is that I find that the palm tree’s trunk ‘bends’ a little too ‘sharp’(if you get what I mean). From what I see, some palm trees have slightly ‘curved’ or askew trunks. Here’s an example :palm_tree:

Palm Tree Reference

Overall, this is really good for a person who is new to blender. Keep up the good work and don’t give up! I hope to see better and more intricate builds from you in the future! Good luck!

2 Likes

Why would he have any reason to take free models for this post, he’s not trying to sell…

3 Likes

I do like the models. However, with the tree, nature is full of different shapes. Maybe have the tree’s leaves be either rotated or curved for a more “natural” look. Though if you like to keep it the same, that is fine.

1 Like

Hey Leave1001,

Nice work, especially for a beginner.
My favourite out of them all would have to be the second tree or the rock depending on the style you are going for.
My top advice I’d give you so far is when making models for a game try and do them all the same style, for instance, the trees and rock are both different styles, the trees being more low poly.
My second bit of advice is quite stereotypical but true to the core, just have fun, don’t worry what other people think, just home your skill.

My last bit of advice would be on the first tree:

1. The trunk needs some refinement, I’d suggest subdividing it a bit more and working in it.
  2. The leaves need some more weight and depth to them, they seem very flat as is. Consider extruding it a smidge.

Anywhoo good luck and happy dev’ing,
jeditcdisback.

1 Like

I’d say you are at a good start since you’re new to blender, practice makes perfect, I’m new to a program called maya, and this is my first gun.

2 Likes

Looks good for a someone who is new to using a 3D Modeling software, good job!

1 Like