Opinions on a Liminal Space game I've Created

So if you can already guess I’m kind of a Liminal Space/Backrooms fan, I fell in love with the images I see at r/liminalspace and I decided why not make a game devoted to liminal space in Roblox?

I don’t really know if I achieved the vibe I wanted because I’m not really fond of lighting and other aesthetic purposes. Though I would like to hear what you guys think, any feedback would be appreciated.

((Gas Station) Liminal Space Domain - Roblox)

5 Likes

The most important part of creating an atmosphere is sound design.
The music (which is frankly distracting) should be replaced with ambience something people are familiar with yet in this setting it’s unsettling, like the buzz of fluorescent lights or the sound of cars passing by you hear at night.

You should get rid of the window lights at the apartment as well. They really destroy that feeling of isolation you get with liminal images.

4 Likes

Well I kind of thought that the weird music kind of fits in, but I guess I’ll just get sound ambience or I could just put server buzz sounds to put immersion, the apartment lights were kind of a reference to a liminal space I wanted to recreate, I’ll try and do something about it.