Opinions on car design

hi, I’m working on a mechanic simulator game but I need a little help on working on a car design but I can’t figure out what details to add,

btw it’s a low-poly design

cars

2 Likes

Hello!

If you’re struggling to consider what designs to add on your cars (in your case, low poly I suggest you look search up low poly cars on google as a reference.

Here’s some pictures I found to save some of your time.

You can use these pictures, or others for reference. But using these or other pictures of reference doesn’t mean you copy the exact same model and replicate it to your car, try to switch and spice things up :smile:

Some of the personal suggestions I have is that:

1. The neon part under the 2 red lights should be put to smooth plastic

2. Possibly minimise the 2 windows in the back of both cars to 1

3. Change the neon lighting of the back lights, front lights and windows to smooth plastic.

4. Similar to 3, change the window colour when changing the windows to smooth plastic to a black/dark grey colour.

5. And one small thing I didn’t notice is door handles, you should add those :sweat_smile:

6. And maybe it’s just me, but the wheels are kind of too big in length.

7. I feel like I should recommend this, but try to learn blender to create low poly cars. Blender is an amazing 3D Modelling/Animation/GFX e.t.c program in which you can create thousands of meshes for future projects and builds. Many developers use Blender to create cars, trees, terrain, houses and many other necessities for their game to really give it a spark to their game. As I said, I would definitely recommend it to both you and everyone else who is considering builder/modelling.

These are some of the suggestions I have for your car, I hope good luck to both these models and future work! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

thank you for your criticism, I added them to the cars also I will try to learn blender for this since
it would help a lot

car update

Looks much better compared to the previous models, there’s some blender tutorials out there for low poly cars.

Here’s one for example that I think might be easiest.
Goodluck!
2 Likes