Opinions on Default skin

Hey there!

So i finished building a zombie skin (not meant to be a zombie, it’s a skin) and now that i’m looking back at my default skin i feel like something is missing. Opinions on the default skin and what i can improve on would be appreciated.

Please note that the monsters you see below are NOT zombies. They are a whole different creature. The zombie skin is just a cosmetic item meant to represent a zombie while having the original monster form.

Default Skin:

Zombie Skin:

2 Likes

hey um… the default skin pretty cool but idk about the zombie it is because the zombie skin have to much blood and bone. and if you launch this on public i think it will get shut down because of the blood. so… can you make the skin a little friendly to use in game

2 Likes

I’m trying to minimise the amount of gore i put in my game as much as possible. The bones aren’t gore, and the blood is very vague. I don’t know how vague it looks in the picture but in the game it looks like a very subtle detail. Without the blood it looks very bland.

I’m sure it won’t be a problem considering there are games like bloodfest which literally have zombies with blood heavily pouring out of them while they scream (no hate intended).

2 Likes

I think it’s missing some eyes, you could add a couple of eyes here and there so it looks even creepier.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great idea! I might actually make a whole skin based on blinking eyes that follow you instead of implementing this idea in the default skin. Great idea tho! :+1:

2 Likes

I’d add some tattered clothes, like ripped jeans or shirts.

2 Likes

I think it could have holes through it’s skin, showing it’s “inner skin”. If you look at pictures of zombies, they don’t look fully green. They have holes through their skin, making them look more undead.

2 Likes

It’s a good start so far! I’d definitely say to add small objects or what has been said above small holes or little finger coming or peeking out; since your game revolves a type of creature game if I’m not mistaken, maybe try including some of those small objects (not too much because you don’t want to overdo it) colors, and perhaps some holes.

And what has been suggested above will give it more of a scary feel. I don’t know exactly what you’re aiming for like the type of game you’re going to have to use these default skins in the game at the start looks good.

1 Like

You should make its arms jiggle and wiggle

1 Like

I can’t union the body parts because they’re all meshes but i’ll try to overlay to it gives the effect if having torn off skin.

Thanks for the idea! :+1: