Opinions on games UI design

Just want thoughts and opinions on my UI so far. Tried to keep a constant theme/design across all the UI.

16 Likes

LooKs very cool and modern,Great Job!But you might wanna change the UI for player list

1 Like

Can I ask why you think I should change it?? is it the colors/sizes?

It doesn’t fit with the design your going for,Maybe make it like have smooth edges,and a transparent light blue look

You talking about Roblox’s default player list?

Yes,That’s what I meant /what I was talking about

Oh, I’m not really bothered about the default roblxo UI. Not really worth editing

1 Like

I’d suggest making a custom player list UI a long with a chat UI, other than that the UI’s all look fantastic, love how you stuck to one color pattern. Great job!

1 Like

I really like the simplicity of the UI it seems to match the peacefulness, playfulness, and simplicity of the gameplay behind it, really great job!

1 Like

It’s pretty good other than a few little things:
In the second screenshot the + sign isn’t in line with the X bar under it, please fix that :pray:
And on the settings GUI the “Enter” button is smaller vertically than the “Enter code here” box.

And another little thing, there shouldn’t be decimals in the amount of mone you have - from a design perspective, whole numbers look 100x better than a number with a decimal point.

1 Like

I really like it! Nice job :slight_smile: I don’t think I’d change a thing. Keep up the good work

1 Like

Great job! The colors match your game very well! However, I can claim, that the GUI’s may be a little too simple… Maybe do some more to the Guis… Add more detail. But other than that, you did an awesome job!

1 Like

Looks very appealing to the eyes. Good job, keep it up. Basic and simplistic but yet still gets to the point.

1 Like

Very good. It captures the eye and is very simple and easy to follow. Which from what I can tell for your game will make it easier on your younger player audience.

Weighing up the player list, if you make it the same theme as the rest of the UI, it will create better immersion, which I think looking at your game is important. You might also consider removing the Top Black bar too, though I think this can create chat issues (that may have been fixed, I’m not sure).

You could also consider adding little tips when you put your mouse over. Your UI is easy to follow which is great so it may not be necessary. Just an idea.

In the 3rd last screenshot, you have some text “Each paint job costs $5!!” hanging off the edge. This looks okay, but I think it would be better if it had its own background.

Other than that, I think the UI is very snazzy.

1 Like

I think its pretty great the way it is currently as it flows great with the aesthetic of the game.

1 Like