Opinions on my Obby's First Thumbnail?

Hey, I’m making a difficult obby; ‘Arduous Obby’ and I just made my first thumbnail for it.
I’m quite proud of it but I need all y’alls feedback. Is it good for a beginner? What could make it better? How can I improve?

Thank you!

5 Likes

This is really good scene for an obstacle course game.
But the poses of the black shirt guy and white shirt guy are really unnatural.
I hope you will fix it.

The black shirt dude fell off and is hanging on for his life, whilst the white shirt dude (me) is jumping from one of the blocks that I didn’t include in the picture

Yeah, but their poses are unnatural, you should fix it and it will be amazing, good luck!

Thanks, I think its good for my first thumbnail with characters posing in it. I’ll try and do something

Alright, have a nice day! I hope you’ll do better thumbnails in the future.

1 Like

I think it’s really good! Don’t worry too much about posing, people shouldn’t expect you to be a pro for this being your first time. As you make more thumbnails, you’ll learn more tips and tricks to body rigging and lighting. For a first thumbnail though, this is awesome! The only thing I’d suggest is changing the text, right now the focus is on the two people in the background pushing each other, if you want to focus to be on the game itself, use the red as the main point, rather than the background so peoples eyes will be drawn to that instead. Overall, amazing job!

1 Like

From what I see you did a great job! I do have some feedback though.

• Like what @xRukes said, the poses are a little unnatural. Are you using a rig? I don’t know if I’m allowed to give a link for a rig.

• If you want to get people’s attention you should add more color to the thumbnail. That’s why whenever you see simulators they have bright and colorful game icons and thumbnails

Well, that’s all I have to say! I hope I could help and keep up the good work👍

1 Like

In all honesty for a beginner it’s completely fine, just one thing that really bothers and I am amazed that no one pointed that out. The text is really ruining the look of the thumbnail.

change the positioning and the font and then add your games name at the bottom left or right
and add the ? it’s a question. make the text short and to the point like think you’re pro?, Try now, you won’t regret

just some tips for the next time you make a GFX

• use a 3D software next time, this studio screene isn’t cutting it (Blender)
  • use a rig it gives more arm and leg bending options and makes it look more realistic.
  • put some nice clothes next time
  • a better camera, take some time to chose a good angle like rn this one’s a lil bit boring and doesn’t gives more life to the GFX a lil bit tilt angle behind the white guy so like the white guys back is covering 30% of the screen and then this weird posing won’t be easily noticeable.
  • watermark it lol

it takes time don’t feel sad about so many bad reviews, people just literally forget how bad everyone’s at the start.
alrighty good luck for your future projects.

1 Like