Opinions on my somewhat realistic lighting?

Just keep in mind that I am on a trashy device that runs 15 fps so it wont look to its full potential.
I think it looks great but I am open to criticism.real
(The watch just shows the current time)

Has weather too:

Sun

(Can I also have tips on how to make the moon have realistic lighting like the sun)

5 Likes

This is super cool! Could you explain how you did this, as I am very curious.

1 Like

Post-processing effects built-in Roblox, I will send all of the ones I used + the settings.
And the weather is a script I made + a object value for the clouds
The neon light was a custom made value I made for LightIntensity

KEEP IN MIND YOU NEED FULL GRAPHICS TO SEE IT

5 Likes

It looks pretty good, but it makes it look a little blurry when the sun is present. I’m not sure how to fix that though.

2 Likes

I think it could be improved by adjusting the depth of field. The watch seems ever so slightly blurry, which is unrealistic for normal vision. Additionally, I find that the blur starts too close for the farther blur. Push that back and I think it’ll look excellent. As for the moon, I don’t believe there’s any way to add rays.

2 Likes

Looks like there’s a workaround to achieve moon rays, which you may want to look into.

2 Likes

Lighting is definitely nice!

All I got to say about that is add some ColorCorrection, it’ll “spice it up” a bit. And you might want to reduce the DepthOfField from far away, it’s pretty blurry even at a close-ish distance.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 195106

:wink:

I dont know how to use colorcorrection so this’ll be fun :skull:
But alright ill lower it a bit and ill send a new ss here in a bit

1 Like

Ill see if I can impliment this into my Daynight cycle script but I probably wont be able to

This looks good, I have implemented something similar in my game, however there is always room for improvement!

1 Like

Alright if you do ever get this message and reply, this is the color corrections and different depth + blur
Tint 255,255,255 with blur
Tint 255,255,255 without blur
Tint 230,255,254 with blur
Tint 230,255,254 without blur

Its a hard to tell different but the blur and depth of field is a bit more optimized + lowered the blur
Its also hard to tell for the colorcorrection but it has a bit more saturation and color to the whole scene

2 Likes

Here is a forum which will help you.

I also recommend cycling through a few color settings with a script, depending on the time of the day. That means that you change your blur, color correction, depth of field and so on, all depending on the time! This can give more realistic days or nights.

Ive actually already done this with my script
At night it edits my brightness to be a bit more dim / dark and edits the clouds to be a bit more hidden
I even implemented weather which does this

(keep in mind i only made this in one day so it isnt done)