Opinions, rate my game

THE GAME

Okay, so my game is pretty much a hangout game.
The most notable feature is the pet, in fact, the name of the game was inspired by the pet.
the pet follows the player

(It's a bit wonky because it is connected to the players head by an    attachment that gets activated by a script when the pet is touched)

If you want to try it yourself you can check it out here Awkard pet - Roblox It’s only gonna be - for a limited time no longer public

What I need help with
I’ve run into writer’s block, I don’t know where to go from here. what details to add and what features to change, so let me know what you think would be good to add.

THE LORE
There is no lore behind the game but I plan on adding a bit of story to it to create lore.
How can I introduce a story without it getting boring, without forcing it on the players?

PICTURES

I think it’s a good concept, a hangout game with pets and what I see, sword fighting. Although it’s really bland, nothing to do. Something I also found was that if your pet gets stuck in the middle part of the map your not able to really walk anywhere. I would recommend just finding some post that talks about needing help with a pet that floats next to the player and using some of the code they talk about there, or just making your own post. Another thing to note is that the pets are pretty big in comparison to the player. For what things to add, I would recommend things like a sword fighting arena, parkour section, just some random minigames that would give a little entertainment to the player I think would be nice. Now about lore, I feel like a game as simple as this really doesn’t need any lore, I mean it’s just a hangout game. Although feel free to write as much as you wish, no ones here to stop you. For telling the player the lore, I would recommend gradually telling parts of it as the player plays, that’s what I’m going to be doing for lore in one of my games. Although I don’t really know how you would gradually tell the player in a game such as this. In conclusion, I think it can be a pretty nice hangout game, although it definitely needs some work.

2 Likes

Thank you for the support I do plan to add an obby and I think I’m gonna make the lore secret like hidden text in certain spots and I wouldn’t even consider this game in alpha yet I just made it public so you guys could check it out.

2 Likes