Opportunistic streaming sometimes not loading regions in

I notified my game’s community about this. Will provide you with results after several days

About your question, it depends on what do you mean

• When player gets spawned, I set players CFrame from the server to a spawn location after calling :LoadCharacter, which can cover big distance
  • After player has spawned, they can teleport by a short distance to enter/leave the interiors of buildings. This is done from a localscript and covers pretty short distance
  • Players do not have an ability to teleport around the map for big distances

If you need it I can make a special tool just for you so you can teleport around the map (also different and a bit more complicated option, but i can give you a rank in my group that gives you access to a car, which is a lot simpler to drive than trolleybuses, you can see that car being used on one of the screenshots I provided above)

Hello, is this issue possible because the game has disabled the GameplayPausedNotification and allows Players to move into not yet loaded chunks?

I was thinking that the Engine might not want to load the region when the Player is too close to prevent the Player from getting stuck in a wall for example that was loading.

This issue did happen when streaming pause was enabled, but it was more rare than it is without that

No, we stream things to clients even when they are very close to the objects. Otherwise we would have trouble when a player CFrames to a new area where they have no content at all, for example.

1 Like

Hey @CorvusCoraxx! Sorry for the ping - do you know if there’s a dedicated piece of documentation somewhere that documents these “hidden” debug UIs? This is actually the first I’m hearing about the streaming debug UI.

1 Like

I’m not sure we have anything official.

Here is something a developer put together:

1 Like

If you could provide the teleport tool and/or the ability to drive a car that would be very helpful for me to try and reproduce the problem myself.

1 Like

Hi, after around 5 days of waiting I’ve got 0 reports of this issue occurring. While this does not 100% mean that the issue is fixed, this has a pretty high chance of being the case. It’s possible some people missed my announcement, but even in that case people will report the issue as its very disruptive when it happens. For context, normally I get around 1 report per day

I’m not sure what you did, but it seems to have an effect. Based on my guess you made it so regions load faster/instantly, as I think I noticed game freezing a bit more (based on feel, no solid evidence, I’m probably 100% wrong). I suppose the results of this temporary change you made to streaming of my game might point out where things go wrong (but I will again remind you just in case, there is a very slim chance that the issue did occur, but nobody reported it)

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you do get reports of the issue occurring again.

1 Like

I think that I might’ve just experienced this issue earlier today. Not sure how to reliably reproduce this issue as I’ve only been able to experience it once throughout today but this is an issue.

It happened in this game: Rhythm City- DEV - Roblox
Here’s our streaming settings:

I will update both the OP and the staff here with any additional information I will find if I find a way to reliably reproduce this issue.

Hi, this bug has reappeared, it happens in a completely same manner as when it was reported a year ago. It started happening around 1-3 days ago, however I’m not sure about precise day

Hi,

I wanted to share some additional information about this issue. I noticed that when playing, the road doesn’t appear for me like it does for other players in the game, as shown in these screenshots.

Before attempting to drive over the missing part of the road, I also experienced some terrain LODs I was able to move thru and buildings being set the the lowest LOD possible. It took the buildings like 20 seconds to load to normal detail while I was right next to them.

This bug recently started happening in a game I work on. Users report track and buildings not loading, its severely affecting gameplay as trains constantly derail because of missing track.

Here are some pictures of assets not loading in, this happens consistently to multiple players. When they teleport away and back some of the assets will appear when they previously didn’t indicating its streaming related.

Game: Streamlined [ALPHA] - Roblox

@Drolerina when did this first start occurring for your experience?

If anyone who is able to reproduce this can provide screenshots including the streaming debug UI when this is occurring that would be very helpful. To bring up the UI do:
Shift-F3, then Shift-1 four times

We are interested in the whole screen, but at the most important parts are:

and

I started getting reports about the issue 5-6 days ago.

Here are some pictures with the issue happening including the streaming debug UI. I’ll ask players for more pictures if that would help you.

I have begun receiving reports of this issue happening within my game from multiple users. I personally started experiencing this issue a day or two ago, when I was redoing some terrain for my game. I can’t remember during what day it began occurring.

I was able to record some footage of this happening with the debug menu open. Unfortunately I had to compress the video in order to post it, so I hope the info is still readable.

Here is my Streaming settings:

Here is the game link for repro purposes:

I will also attach videos/pictures from where this has happened with others:

In an effort to isolate the cause of this issue, we’ve made a change for some of the affected places. This should already be in effect and does not require restarting servers. Will you please advise whether this resolves the issue? If so, we will roll out this change more globally.

The change was made for these places:

1 Like

I still got a report this morning (7 AM CEST) about missing parts.

I’m also able to replicate the issue myself in a server that has been running for about 10 hours.

Thank you for the update and the screenshot. We are continuing to investigate.

1 Like

After looking into this, I believe there may be two different issues occurring.

In some cases, we see parts visibly missing, but their collision was still present. The videos posted by @HooferBevelops are great examples of this. I believe these are likely to have been caused by the issue mentioned in this post. In these cases, the parts were present (thus being able to collide with them), but were not visible. This should be now resolved, but if you are still experiencing this, please let us know.

However, this would not explain the cases where pieces of road or railway were missing, causing trains to run off the tracks or a bus falling into a hole, as in some of the other screenshots. In these cases, the collision was also missing, suggesting that the parts were not streamed in. Have there been any reports of this occurring since my message on 4/29? If so, steps to reproduce or screenshots with the streaming UI active will be extremely valuable.