Optimization in my game

I’m currently deep in development for a unique simulator game with a high detail map, my dev team leader says he wants to market it towards IOS and Android users. I feel the map is too detailed for this and upon explaining this I now need to optimize the map.

Any tips on optimizing the game without too many unions?

1 Like

Hi. This is in the wrong category. It should be in scripting or building support(depends on what you are looking for). Please change it immediately. Thank you.

I’m sorry I believe this is help (and feedback) there is no building involved just asking for tips.

1 Like

@Finbxb is right. I don’t see anything wrong with what he is saying.

2 Likes

You can create a map loading system so that the user does not have to load the entire game at once. Loading maps when they are needed will greatly increase performance. You could use streaming enabled, but since it is a simulator it would be easier to just create custom script that loads maps when they are needed. There are posts on this: Chunk Loading System? that are worth reading.

2 Likes

Thank you, will definitely look into this.

Caveman solution I would use is to delete parts that aren’t visible, if there are any like that.
You can also try to simplify your buildings, cutback on the detail manually.

If a detailed build was requested, I feel bad for ya having to do this, since detailed builds and mobile games don’t really go together in the first place.

1 Like