Option to disable plugins during play solo (Improves load speeds by 50-70%)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to disable plugins only for play solo mode. Plugins make load time of empty baseplate go from 4.5 seconds to 7.5 seconds.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because plugins make Roblox Studio load significantly slower. I want my “Play solo” experience to be instant, and it’s been getting slower and slower over time.

Other notes

• Closing the toolbox saved me 1 second in time
  • I suspect if I could disable other Roblox Studio plugins, I’d get my start time to below 1 second
  • I know it may not seem like 7.5 sconds → 4.5 seconds matters, but it does. Especially if making animation changes. Getting time down to 1-2 seconds would be amazing.
25 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. This seems like a reasonable addition to the “Faster Play Solo” beta, we will investigate adding it.

3 Likes

This has now shipped as part of the Faster Play Solo beta! With the beta enabled you can disable user plugin loading in the test modes through File → Studio Settings → Studio → Load User Plugins in Test mode.

6 Likes