Option to Hide Experiences that are not Capable to Play on Xbox

Roblox has been evolving consistently since its release in 2006, creating mechanics where creators can make games with more capacity as well as get to know the platform and the community, making a whole social environment online.

As the years go by, Roblox did not stop only improving their game engine… It begins to expand to other devices, starting from small phones of different types, the iOS version in 2012 and the Android in 2014. Later on, with consoles being commonly known worldwide, the doors opened and so, players were able to play on the least modern version of the Xbox console, the Xbox One, in 2016. 15 experiences were chosen as a test and fully, and more and more came being available to the machine, “Natural Disaster Survival”, “Phantom Forces”, etc. However, not every experience will be always available for it.

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to see from a perspective of a regular Roblox player how the console gets affected in major. You are not able to analyze which experiences are possible to join in the gizmo, leading to not having fun with their friends and/or requiring them to look forward to another one while spending the sake of their time.

Hence so, I have concluded that it would be better if there was an option that provides a togglable setting in the (Games section) to hide those that are not compatible and/or showcase inside the experience information what are the functional devices to join.

If Roblox is able address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I am going to be able to see everything properly in the context of play instantly experiences that I enjoy and would like to try out soon instead of having their interfaces visible, yet stating an error message. Until the specific experience makes configurations where Xbox users can play, it can be featured and not be hidden any longer.

33 Likes

Yes, I do find it very odd that despite the small amount of XBOX experiences, device restricted are still shown.

5 Likes

I 100% agree with this!
Currently this can drive Players away from your Game, here’s why:
I’m on XBox and I want to play a Game, I go, click but I can’t play the Game, and I just forget teh Game
Instead, if this was implemented, I wouldn’t se the Game on XBox but I would se sit on other devices, thsi seeing it and playing it

Also thsi should be a feature for every device, maybe a toggle taht is on by default?

5 Likes

I’d like to point out a similar topic has been made on this that has seen a response recently:

Historically Roblox hasn’t responded effectively, or sometimes at all, towards the Xbox side of things. This however is changing for the better.

I would also like to point out that there are only so many people working at Roblox. And, that there are many things to be done, regarding Xbox and not. I’d imagine team, employees, and higher ups need to pick and choose what to do when. Whilst I’d say bringing Xbox up to par is quite the necessity, so are a lot of things. (Terrain, UI, audio features, bug fixes, etc.)

2 Likes

I expect this means it is not supported

3 Likes

Exactly, that’s the problem

3 Likes

Ok, why is Roblox present on Xbox, and some games are not supported. If this is the case, why don’t they delete Roblox on Xbox?

1 Like

Because of people on XBox play Roblox Roblox makes more money, and we also do

4 Likes

This is a big problem @Dede_4242

2 Likes

Many games simply don’t fit xbox’s guidelines and as a result are not allowed, other games don’t have proper controller support, there’s a multitude of reasons. The issue here is that these games are being shown to xbox users, whether these games should exist or not is a different story.

4 Likes

I find this a great thing to do, I definitely agree with you there. Only thing is if you hide them players may be confused on why they aren’t there. Instead you could put a ‘Caution’ symbol when you select over a game

3 Likes

I think putting an icon like a crossed controller may be more understandable, as a warning sign would be more like warning me to not play the Game

(That’s just my opinion tho)

3 Likes

Actually, you have a point there. I forgot to think about that lol!

2 Likes

Hey thanks for flagging this.

We are looking into solutions for this. The first step will be to preform a playability check before entering an experience, so that you wont be able to click join on experiences that arent playable. Please keep an eye out for this in the next 3-4 months or so (lots of other improvements are coming to Xbox in the meantime)

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.