Option to hide meshes from inventory

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to:
Upload self-made meshes without worrying about people stealing it by subtracting from the URL ID.

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to:
Have the mesh in my inventory, but have it not be visible to the public’s eye.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience?
This feature would increase development speed by avoiding the step of having to delete each individual mesh from one’s inventory. Would also promote security over game assets being stolen.

8 Likes

Could you explain why this isn’t enough?

It will make your Meshes tab in inventory show up as empty.

6 Likes

It conceals my whole entire inventory when I only want one tab hidden (or certain meshes hidden). Specifically, I just want to conceal commisioned work. I don’t mind showcasing my work, but it’s not okay when it’s involuntarily available for grabs.

Why hiding my inventory is not helpful:

As a clothing designer, it’s crucial that I keep my inventory visible to showcase my clothing and other designers’ work.

I understand that I could just link my inventory through the catalog, but as I said before it’s also used to promote other people’s work. Roblox clothing designers use this method a lot.

EX: My inventory: Catalog - Roblox

Example image:
picture

& with my inventory set to private, nothing can be seen.

Same can be said about the other tabs. For instances, the “Models” tab has a double use of a mini portfolio and so I don’t want that hidden.

In conclusion, the hide inventory option is not helpful for someone who sells and showcases content through their inventory.

8 Likes

Add on:

Despite my inventory privacy being set to “No one”, you can still search up an individual’s meshes and access it.

[Edit] References from another similar post: Private Inventories are Still Accessible

Thanks Yozoh you brought up my own concerns too. The private setting seems like an incomplete feature in more ways than one

9 Likes