Option to only allow players with a verified email to play your game

Most exploiters will create multiple accounts to exploit on a game or to just harass people or admins on the game. Having an account age requirement is pointless, as that is very easy to get around and just stops a new player from experiencing your game.

I was thinking something like the developer can toggle an option which means only players who have verified their email address or something similar will be able to play their game. This is because most players will verify their emails however I am almost sure 99% of exploiters will not go through the process of verifying their alts, and even if they do it will eventually stop them from bothering to exploit.

It is impossible to have a really good anti-exploit without compromising the experience of normal players, and although exploiters are a very small percentage of players, they can ruin lots of games very easily and in general demotivate someone from making a type of game or from adding certain content.

This is opinion based, as I personally just really want ROBLOX to have a bigger focus on deterring exploiters, because there is only so much a developer can do, and terminating alt accounts that exploit is just pretty useless.

This is entirely up for discussion and I would like to hear what others have to say, even if it other ideas to deterring exploiters. :slight_smile:

14 Likes