Option to remove studs from materials, in studio too

Makes me second guess myself and double check >: Circled is concrete material, not plastic.

I just want to set material and not bother setting studs/inlets to smooth (because they don’t matter)

blob.png

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a plugin for that somewhere.

So you want all inserted parts automatically set smooth?

Whipped together a quick plugin. https://www.roblox.com/Smoothify-item?id=420480477

I ended up making my a few of my own models where each model was one of the default parts you can insert but with all my own personal settings (anchored, smooth on all sides, etc.) and since then I’ve practically never inserted a default roblox part except for the rare occasion I’m trying to reproduce a bug as simply as possible.

remove studs from materials as in not render them, which is how it always has been? did something change that now studs are rendered on non-plastic parts?

Playing a game online on mac and pc will remove studs from bricks with materials.
In studio, however, there is an inconsistency with that, where it does not hide the studs on materials.

I thought that was only when you’re dragging something.

In the screenshot there is a concrete material brick, not being dragged, with a stud showing ):

More examples:

Requesting toggle in studio settings:

ShowStudsOnMaterials = true → for seeing connector surfaces on materials for making something breakable.

ShowStudsOnMaterials = false → for taking decent screenshots of material builds like online, without seeing the textures.

The below code is too permanent to just toggle like that

function recursive(get_v) for _,v in next, get_v:GetChildren() do if v:IsA'BasePart' then v.TopSurface='Smooth' v.BottomSurface='Smooth' v.LeftSurface='Smooth' v.RightSurface='Smooth' v.FrontSurface='Smooth' v.BackSurface='Smooth' end recursive(v) end end recursive(game.Selection:Get()[1])

Also we can change Settings → Rendering → EditQualityLevel → Level04 / 05 toggles studs on materials but then it’s too low quality for any screenshots lol.

Odd! For me, even in Studio, materials do not have studs.