Option to turn on Team Create when saving to Roblox

One bit of feedback I have for team create is when you are a sole programmer working on a team the ‘script name - LuaBearyGood editing’ takes up a huge amount of space and makes it difficult to navigate between many scripts, I know drafts are an option but as a sole programmer it just ends up being an extra button to click.

It would be hugely helpful if this was changed to have some sort of indicator in the explorer if a script is being edited + I believe there is already a sufficient warning if you try and write in a script that is being edited.

This may sound small but it’s honestly a game changer for if I decide to use team create or not since it’s the difference between having 6-7 scripts being a click away to only 2-3.

2 Likes

Great! Would love to see improvements to team create, especially sorting something out with the Drafts system.

2 Likes

That’s literally what they’re posting about - the extra click required to turn team create off before publishing.

1 Like

I’ve said this before, but could you please make an api to save/ publish the place? Because I need it to make an auto publish plugin and also because I keep forgetting to publish

1 Like

What is your workflow? When would you have it publish? We’d like to understand more about how you work.

Most of my games are just small experiments that test my knowledge on a specific skill, this means I get through them quickly.

1 Like

It’s very useful, now we can enable Team Create faster.

2 Likes

I’m creating some game right now which requires big lines of code, it would really be terrible to forget to publish when you finished it

This is why I want to make a plugin of it, it autosaves every x seconds (where x = the desired user time to autosaves)

Interesting idea. One bit of background: there are two types of saving your work now. 1) publish saves your place, and makes it visible to players. 2) save just saves it, and if players join they will get the last published version. Also, if you are in teamcreate, “save” will happen every 5 min. It doesn’t solve your case where you really want to publish, but it will help cover worries about forgetting to save.

1 Like

I would really prefer auto publishing because 1, Team create is not nessecary if your not collaborating plus my internet is kinda slow, so connection is affected

1. Also, you can’t control how long will it save
1 Like

can roblox remove team create in the view tab, i find it kinda annoying that its there like it only has 1 purpose, just to turn it off and on, like can there be a button in the settings to turn on create instead of this

All of that is already in the menu

They won’t remove that, you can see whos in the team create and also what’s the point of removing it.

1 Like

I’d still like an option to have it be off by default. Having to click it every time is honestly annoying for me.

1 Like

I don’t have this new feature in my studio yet, but I think it will be helpful once I get it. I do use team create a lot and any new feature that would save me time is always a plus. Can’t wait to get it!

Just one more thing I’d like to add after reading a couple posts from people complaining about it… Even though I do use it a lot, most of my experiences still do not need team create. So this new feature is good, but would be better if the default is off. Those who need it can click the button to turn it on.

Amazing update! And Its very useful. Thanks for this!

2 Likes

But also which keeps giving me warnings about “unsaved changes in scripts” which I can only interpret as a suggestion to roll back to a previous variant of what I was doing before shutting down for the night.

I’m mostly solo as well, but most of my games are edited on my hard drive - was the only option to reliably save unfinished updates ten years ago without wasting place slots on a test map, it’s what I still use.

1 Like

It’s actually very annoying if it’s enabled by default, I’m a solo developer and I always forget to turn it off, making it really annoying when it comes to do quick things or I just want to remove a script and it says “Epixerty is editing the script”

Not to mention that new glitch, that whenever I re enter the place it says this

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.