Option to turn on Team Create when saving to Roblox

Hello developers,

Some of you may have noticed a new setting that enables you to turn on Team Create when saving to Roblox or publishing a place! This toggle setting will be defaulted on as shown below and will turn Team Create on for the place that you saved/published.

Our goal is to reduce a few steps and make it easier for you to access the benefits of Team Create, which enables you to collaborate with others and also regularly autosaves your work so that progress is never lost. We will gradually roll out this change more widely to Studio users over the next several weeks.

For those of you who may not know, Team Create is a mode in Studio that enables collaborators to simultaneously edit a place together. Team Create enables your work-in-progress place to be backed by the exact same servers that run Roblox experiences. This means that you are editing and testing inside a “live” experience (but not publicly available) that reflects all changes made by you and your collaborators into one co-experience.

We envision that as Team Create continues to improve its “live” editing and testing experiences, the improvements will generally benefit both individual developers and developer teams.

Note: If you do not want to turn on Team Create when you save a place to Roblox, you can simply turn the toggle off before saving. If you turn on Team Create but want to turn it off at a later time, you can go to the Team Create widget in the View tab, click on the ‘…’ menu button in the lower right corner of the widget, and disable Team Create.

Many thanks to our wonderful team–yipiokay, Brouhahaha, RacquetBaller, MoodyMandyMeow–for working on this feature!

Please give us feedback!

We would love to hear about your experience and thoughts! Please leave comments below. If you have any problems, please reply to this post and let us know. Happy developing!

142 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Yet another small, but impactful update.

Thanks for this! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

As long as it’s not forced on us in the future it’s alright I guess. I’m just a little salty I have another setting I now need to go disable.

Edit: Looks like I misread and this is something that is on a per publishing basis. Rip.

11 Likes

This is a amazing change! I can finally start new project without forgetting to turn on team crate. This will bring a great future!

6 Likes

Is it possible we could be getting options like:

Spatial Voice enabled
Access options (private, public)

19 Likes

Access options would be great, though I don’t really see a use for Avatar type in that menu.

5 Likes

Actually avatar types will be good, obbies for example is good with R6. There are multiple genre games that is supported for only one OR a better gameplay with it. This is off topic though.

6 Likes

One less step to making a game with friends, Thanks Roblox! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Will changing a game previously saved to a single account into a group game ever be a feature?

Also, Small but useful update. Thanks!

4 Likes

Uhhh…no.

As a mostly solo developer I must disagree with this change, defaulting the option to on gives me another mouse click to publish a game.

At least give us an option in Studio’s settings to default it to off.

10 Likes

Personally, I think this toggle should default to off, to parallel previous behaviour, quite a lot of devs work solo on this platform and this is just an extra setting we must change every-time we publish a new place. While this makes the steps required for those who wish to enable team create lower, it increases the steps required for non-team create users.

8 Likes

he thinks there isn’t a use for that specific menu

2 Likes

CC @CatzRule_81 How often do you publish a new place? This seems extremely low impact, it’s not even there if you Publish As.

This is clearly another sign of Roblox pushing the annoying everything-in-the-cloud thing, but this change in particular is hardly an impact on my workflow.

3 Likes

I am regularly creating new places, I create roughly one every 2 days and it would be much easier if I could just create the place without configuring any publish options, which I previously could do, but now I must tick the toggle everytime, in which I’ll probably totally forget about it.

1 Like

There is a toggle anyways, that shouldn’t be a big problem. As said in the announcement;

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few posts of people getting banned for things other people did in Team Create, it should be the person who inserted the asset to get banned not the game owner?
I think this makes perfect sense and would be a fair Team Create improvement instead of just a straight ban for something that isn’t your fault.

2 Likes

Why do you need to make new games so often?

2 Likes

Just wanted to point out that even if you don’t collaborate with others, there is still value in Team Create being on. It regularly autosaves your work to the cloud so that progress is persisted and safe from potential data loss on your own computer :slight_smile: :safety_pin: :lock:

8 Likes

What’s the point of this? You can just enable team create anytime you want.

1 Like