Ordering System UI feedback

I’m making a revamp of my quite popular yet awfully designed cafe ordering system.

I thought it would be a better idea to ask the community what they think about the UI before I just go on with just doing as I please.
This is a video of the interface, let me know what you think! https://gyazo.com/9db818eb6e8d3224fa79a2dfbadca869

There will be themes in the UI allowing people to change the colour or even make custom themes!
It’s also a very customisable system, players can modify the categories with a module script like this:

categories = {
		["Breakfast"] = { -- Ensure to add a comma after every food you add! Ensure all text is wihin qutation marks like this "example", not example,
			"Avocado Toast w/ Tomato and Onion",
			"Eggs and Bacon",
			"\"Big Brekkie\"",
			"Gourmet Pancakes",
			"Eggs Benedict"
		},
		["Lunch"] = { -- Ensure to add a comma after every food you add! Ensure all text is wihin qutation marks like this "example", not example,
			"Rib Eye Steak w/ Chips",
			"Rib Eye Steak w/ Salad",
			"Steak Wrap",
			"Vegan Burger",
			"Cheeseburger",
			"Hamburger"
		},
		["Sides"] = { -- Ensure to add a comma after every food you add! Ensure all text is wihin qutation marks like this "example", not example,
			"Small Chips",
			"Medium Chips",
			"Large Chips",
			"2x Hash Brown",
			"Mash Potatoes"
		},
	}

It’s all equipped with scrolling frames to allow unlimited possibilities.

Do you like this UI design?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

PS: Before its reccomended, I could add things like Fries > Large, Medium or Small BUT I can’t picture how players would set this up also how buggy it’d be lol but I’ll try.

1 Like

I have to say that is awfully bright.
Aside from that,
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 12.11.43 pm
if you distance the cancel button from the text and add a little more A N I M A T I O N S, you should have a pretty decent model!

Animations you could add:

• Animate when the menu item is selected (I have a really scuffed module for this, but it’s not public)
  • Maybe add a small animation when you log in, it feels a little bare

(Sorry for my addiction to animations, other than that it looks pretty neat!)

1 Like

No, no need to apologise, I am addicted to animations aswell lol.
I play on rigging this entire thing with beautiful animations. I’ve just discovered how to make my UI better, and I need to say, rounded doesn’t mean nicer… many people need to learn this.

I’ll certainly add the animations you asked for. :smiley:

The idea I have for the login screen is, when you press next, the login page contents get a little bigger like shown with the remove item button, then gets smaller until it disapears then the ordering menus just zoom in out of nowhere if you understand that?

1 Like