Organize Camera For Future Use

I am trying to make a camera that changes depending on your location. If outside, isometric mode, if inside, an unmoving static camera. How would I organize this without becoming Yandere V2? (I won’t be able to respond immediately)

1 Like

For starting pointers, next time try asking yourself the questions by dissecting the main problem into several. It will help you move towards the proactive steps(but asking for a little help will not hurt) so…

You’ll need to know that there are supposedly two modes with the camera and then you need to switch between modes depending on one condition. How do you distinguish the two areas apart?

Try researching around how the camera works and how you can change it. Start small.

1 Like

this’ll become spaghetti code very soon the more camera parts i will have.
so is there a better way or is there a better approach?

2 Likes

If you assume there is chance of spaghetti code, you’ll have to learn about the principles that apply to programming as a whole(and some other ideas from software engineering) to reduce the chance of that happening.

Being scared of a decision kind of prevents you from learning what is actually good and bad. The coding practice is necessary to have the practice to solidify your progress. It is not about criticism is scary, but that you have to receive the constructive feedback that help guide your ways. Having an open-mind is what you need to continue through.

I suppose this doesn’t look so bad at this point. Is there a reason why you think there is a better way or approach from your own knowledge? Or do you think there are other methods that can be applicable?

My older projects had thousands of remote events for regional dialogue, I’m afraid this’ll end the same.

Possibly a victim of over-engineering. However, it is never wrong to have multiple remotes. Over-engineering always happen due to many reasons, like feature creeps or something like that amongst the management.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.