Organize player badges by game

The way I view it, ROBLOX Badges are basically the roblox equivalent of an XBOX, PS4, or Steam Achievement. ROBLOX is unique because it is a game engine and a platform. With that kind of fire power, I think there should be a better way of organizing player’s achievements.

Problem

• The badges are too cluttered, and too abundant to really be able to see what a player has.
  • They serve no real purpose.
  • Example of what I’m talking about:

(Notice how all the badges are mixed together regardless of place, game genre, etc.)

Solution

• Organize badges by game/place.
  • Organize badges by Genre
  • Use dropdown menus
  • Not necessarily shown in player’s inventory, but instead on their profile page.

Another cool idea might be to allow players to cash them in for a few robux after they earn them. I just don’t like seeing them so abandoned :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

The latter wouldn’t work because games could give heaps of badges. There’s places like the badge walk place where you get hundreds of badges by walking - plus there are also the ‘you visited’ type badges.

However it would be nice if badges had some sort of reward system. Only idea I see at this point is having developers apply to have badges in their game (making it more of a manual system, at least on Roblox’s end, and therefore less likely to happen).

5 Likes

I don’t know how roblox would moderate that - maybe force a player to remove a badge if the award system is broken, but idk.

2 Likes

True but the moderation system would become much more complex - employees would need to manually test every badge in a game, which simply is not possible with a platform this size.

1 Like