Orientation Indicator for Pivot Points (Beta)

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to view the orientation of Pivot Points.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would allow me to determine the orientation of pivot points. Currently pivot points do not show the direction they face.

5 Likes

I am not really sure why this didn’t really get noticed by many, but, not being able to visualize the orientation of pivot points is incredibly confusing for me.

I am using PVInstance:PivotTo() to move models in my games, which has shown to both be incredibly performant and also very intuitive and helpful, because it effectively acts as the point of placement of the model, I can very easily control the way the model is placed, and I can even adjust the pivot point dynamically through code (e.g. via various Attachments) which is absolutely great.

The problem is, if the pivot point is incorrectly rotated, the model can be relocated upsidedown or sideways. Being able to see which direction the pivot is facing like the orientation indicator for parts is pretty necessary if you want to utilize PivotTo.

This issue isn’t present with Attachments for example, which are very similar, but they have an orientation indicator that’s very intuitive to understand. For example, you can very easily see which direction is forwards, and which is up (The yellow arrow is forwards, the orange arrow is up):

4 Likes