Original music made using an app is continuously getting labelled as copyrighted material

Hello!

Me and my friends are making a game together, and we’ve run into an issue that we don’t really know how to solve.

Here’s the details:

1. What do you want to achieve? One of my friends who creates music for our game using something called BandLab has to upload his music to Roblox for use in-game.

2. What is the issue? Every time the piece of music is uploaded, it gets marked as copyrighted material. I believe that the reason for this is because BandLab lets users use preset sounds to create music; Roblox can’t seem to tell what is original and what is not.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? We have tried to slightly edit the audio and uploading that edited version, but since that didn’t work (and since my friend wanted to try making the music again), my friend re-did the music a few times. (and every time we’ve uploaded the track, it fails.)

Despite having 3 or 4 revisions to the music, and a few edits, we’ve only uploaded this song 7 times.

Here’s each failed upload in a few pictures from the creator dashboard.

We have had this problem before with another song, but we just removed a small quiet portion of the song and uploaded that; it worked.

This time, though, we can’t seem to get the track up for usage no matter what…

Any ideas on what we could do?

2 Likes

The only way I think you can do this is to contact Roblox support.
Mass uploading it can make Roblox think you’re only trying to break the rules.
Which I’m pretty sure they wont be to keen on, and will either ban / warn you.

Here is the link to Roblox support - Support - Roblox

Try contacting the Mod Review Request group
https://devforum.roblox.com/g/Mod_Review_Requests

Message the entire group and just explain what you just explained.

1 Like

We’re not so sure what exactly cause the blocking. Copyright on music covers specific details, and frequently it is about the melody. I’d advise going through Roblox support first-hand to see what the issue could be.

Maybe you can check through here: Learn about copyright - BandLab Blog

A step further is trying to go through: Why is my content being blocked? – Audible Magic

1 Like

Update:

So my friend contacted support and… to say the least we didn’t get any progress.

Yesterday I also sent a message to the Mod Review Request group from:

Currently, no response yet, but I still have hopes.

At this rate though, we might just create aa whole new piece of music and upload that instead; I want to get the next update for this game out…

2 Likes

Well.

Not the first time I’ve seen this message…

Chances are that we’re going to use new music at this rate, unless there’s something else we could do…

Oh well.

1 Like

Chances are that nobody’s really gonna read this, but here’s the solution that we used…

Since my friend is the one who owns the music, he just gave me the audio file and let me open up GarageBand so I could add some effects and extra sounds. (So basically, I just remixed what he already created.)

Exported that piece of music, let him review it, and look at this!

Now we can finally use the music…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.