[OS Game] Polylands Open Sourced Survival Game

Update 0.0.3 is here and it brings improvements, changes and bug fixes but also still has certain bugs in there.

In update 0.0.3 you will be able to find new skyboxes, a weather system and a day night cycle.

You may did notice that I have added improved lighting and shading effects that’s also why there are now sun rays available in your survival game.

I have also added a new skybox for when it’s day.

I have to make a big thanks to uncopylocked game the Dusk for those Skyboxes but they also been a big help for our under development resource regeneration system.

Another big thing the game Dusk makes possible is new and improved sounds for the game.

Update 0.0.3 now includes image for the iron ore resource so they are waiting in your inventory as soon as you got them collected.
Iron

Another thing that has started development for update 0.0.4 will be the pickaxe that will replace the gathering of iron ore’s by hand and will only be possible using a pickaxe.
Pickaxe

In the ReplicatedStorage you will be able to find the Pickaxe module under the Item Modules folder.

This new module includes reused code from the Axe and looks as following.

Update 0.0.3 also includes a lot of work on the armor system again.

A noticeable improvement would be the underwear image named Pants.
Image Image02

This item can be safely placed in the inventory but does not spawn as a object when you drag it out of the inventory or armor slots outside of the Armor slots or Inventory.

There where a lot of code changes made to make the underwear(pants) appear in it’s own armor slot.

Update 0.0.3 still offers bugs that where caused by the new armor type Underwear so leg armor still can’t be equipped and support on fixing this is more then welcome.

The bug of not being able to equip or de-quip underwear has been fixed and Underwear now spawns in it’s own inventory slot instead of the Leg Armor slot.

Another bug that appeared on in the code the possibly has something to do with the leg armor is

“MouseButton1Down is not a valid member of ImageLabel” this error is caused in [Script ‘StarterGui.MainGui.LocalScript’, Line 436 - global armourControls]

For the next update I do plan to have the pickaxe in, a stove to create iron bars and the issues fixed that currently appear.

Since the project is open source I love to ask everyone to contribute there changes here in the topic and help with bug fixes so that we can together create the next developer friendly survival game.

Enjoy the update and the download link to the current place is down below!
Survival Game_version_0.0.3.rbxl (154.0 KB)

3 Likes

You welcome. I do encourage you to share your changes in code, animations and models with other developers here in the topic by simply making a download link with your changes available for other developers here in this topic.

You can find the new download link here now feel free to look into the code issues.

A small update to all the people that where already aware of this topic. I have edited the entire topic to look more professional and appealing in the way of a open source project.

There is now information about the project, the story behind the project, best ways of contributing, features, unstable features, known bugs and direct download links to the 5 most recent development updates in the main thread I will keep commenting update logs in replies.

1 Like

I have a small update for you guys to show what I am working on implementing but no release date planned or exact date on which this will release.

I wanted to have a new player model that’s fully animated into the game and this is the result for now.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if you already fixed it, but that error is due to the fact that there is no MouseButton1Down event in ImageLabels. You should use either ImageButtons or InputBegan and that should fix it.

Ok I have seen [the Output] print "MouseButton1Down… ".Can you send me your fixed project?

Fixed projects may be contributed here to everyone. That’s the best way. Apart of that do a lot of things still work perfectly fine and that’s a little issue I am working on but I much appreciated that fixes people explore be shared here so that I can see what needs to be changed in the overall code to get other elements working again.

1 Like

If you do have a fix please contribute a download link in a comment here. Explanation in the post above!

2 Likes

The errors that everyone is getting when they run the rbxm file mostly contains of the images. Instead of saving the image locally in game explorer if you posted in on roblox publicly, everyone would be able to see the image. Btw, really good work, I really like the concept and the style that you implemented, I hope that this game can be really successful in the future.

1 Like

very fun to work with this OS game, fixed serveral bugs and made it easier to configure, i have fixed the project, making it bug free and working smoothly.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!
I’ve tried both 0.0.2 and 0.0.3 in roblox studio and I’m not able to figure out what the game does.
After I’ve started the game and clicked on the tools and it says forge, then nothing happens and no error in the console. I’m not able to place anything in my inventory slots.

Are there any pre-configuration that’s required?

Is this project still going ? I really want to play this game!