Otad's Builder Plugin - Toolbox to make building more convenient

After I started developing alone for my own project, I noticed that some things I was doing when building are redundant and could easily be achieved by scripts much faster and conveniently. But those things are too small to just make one plugin for, so I had this idea to combine all of these small convenient functions into one toolbox of a plugin.

Currently includes:

• Drill: Creates square hole inside selected block.
  • Hollow: Hollows out selected block.
  • Extrude: Extrudes out selected parts along selected axis.
  • Scatter: Scatters selected instances randomly in configurable grid.
  • Mirror: Mirrors selected instance(Includes live display). Currently doesn’t support welds
  • Array: Clones selected part in configurable sequence.

It’s very simple to use, press any tool you want on left of the widget.
Some tools require you to select certain instances, you can see this by checking if commit button is dim or not, if it’s dimmed out then that means you are not selecting correct instance(For Hollow and Drill it is required that selected instance is BasePart with Block shape)
Then you can see parameters you can tweak with, for this example with drill you can choose where you want cut out to be and what size it can be.

After you have chosen exact parameters you wish, just press commit and it’s that easy.

Get plugin Here.

If you have any ideas that you would like me to add, any feedback is welcome.
I tried my best to make UI match roblox’s own UI for more familiar feel.

Using StudioComponents, Roact and Trove
Material Icons(by qwreey74) for icons

7 Likes

This looks insanely cool, I am gonna test this out right now! Thank you for this!!

I would however, suggest a few things. First, it allowing us to easily choose our desired position for the extrude, drill, etc as it’s quite hard to manually input them and would be better if we could just hover over the area where we want to apply our modifications, second, it would be amazing if we could automatically select the next array object like how it is in archimedes.

Also I would recommend adding some easier selection tools and some better dragging abilities. Like you know how blender has G to move, R to rotate and S to scale which are extremely convenient, seeing something like this in roblox would be amazing as I am a bit addicted to blender controls and roblox building just slows me down because of the tedious work.

2 Likes

Alright feedback is noted, I will see what I can do to add those features to plugin. As adding select next array object was easy, I already added that.

1 Like