Other players clipping underground and animation replication issues

Upon joining a server, walking into another player causes their character to fall into the ground on your client. This issue is only clientside, players look fine on their own client and to other players. Collisions are not enabled between these models, and the bug appears entirely visual. Sometimes it will correct itself after a few moments, other times it will persist until the affected player moves.

Additionally we are experiencing high unreliability in replication of animations. The players spinning in this picture have an idle animation running on their client at a low priority that loops. However on other clients the animation is not replicating. This causes the cats to T-Pose, and since .Transform is no longer reset our methods that modify it every frame for head-turning and foot-planting are causing an endless spin

When they begin moving, a walk animation plays. It plays at a higher priority than the idle and loops as well. When they stop walking, the walk animation will stop. The idle animation continues playing constantly.
This happens independently from the issue where players will glitch into the ground, but figured it was worth noting as we use default roblox replication for animations; the idle animation plays fine on the local client and even replicates correctly for other players in the server (i.e only a few players will have a faulty experience like this)

This replication/spinning issue occurred today despite us making no changes to the code.

10 Likes

We are able to provide more information and a place file to work from to Roblox Staff if needed, although this issue seems to be occuring in multiple experiences.

We have not found any reliable repro method, but it is somewhat frequent and pretty disruptive. We’ve done a lot of tweaking and changes on our end to try and eliminate as many possible factors as we could but have had no luck.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Interesting. My first guess is that this has something to do with Retargeting, but with the way my animations are handled I somehow cannot experience this issue.

This sounds very familiar:

As for the part where the character doesn’t update until it moves, I’ve definitely seen this before, but I’m certain it didn’t start happening until recently. The post linked above dates back to March 30th. However, I have no idea why this happens to your experience and not me when I try reproducing it (the floor clipping issue), but it might be related to another bug report (that I cannot find the link for. Oh well!).

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket in our internal database.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback!
Do you have Streaming enabled on this world?

I am starting to have this issue today. I have not made any changes to my code or any updates. All of the characters are t-posing and the Idle animations aren’t playing. However, other animations are playing. The Idle is set to always play with a priority of Enum.AnimationPriority.Idle. I load my animations with Animator:LoadAnimation() and the models are custom models that are children of the player character. There are no animation loading errors in the client or server logs. I have StreamingEnabled set to true. I can see the idle playing on myself but not on other characters. I can see all other players’ animations except the Idle.

2 Likes

Hello!

For context, we are currently viewing the bug above as three behaviors:
a) As seen in image 1/video 1, the dragon/character clips into the ground. The character does not t-pose, however whatever animation it was playing immediately before seems to freeze at the keyframe it is at.
b) As seen in video 2, characters will stop replicating specific animations(?).
c) The bug described in this post. This bug is still occuring, unfortunately, despite the recent patch. Since it relates to animations, I figured it was worth mentioning.

Our game does use streaming enabled. I attempted to set character models to use the new “Persistent” property as a patch, but this did not resolve the issue. Additional info on how our characters and game are structured as well as a place file can be provided if needed.

Any assistance is appreciated!

1 Like

New servers no longer have this issue.

Thanks for your feedback!
A configuration update was made on Friday that may impact this behavior.
Do symptoms persist?

Not long after this was fixed (or presumed to be by ShinyGriffin), I started experiencing another issue with animations.

Most visibly, when rotating the HumanoidRootPart’s root joint, the arms do not rotate with it. Rather than being relative to the torso or the Part0 of their rig hierarchy, they are relative to the HumanoidRootPart.

This is the Root joint’s CFrame being rotated 45 degrees on the Z axis. As you can see, the arms are still relative to the HumanoidRootPart, which is not rotated.

However, I have no idea if the fix for this issue caused this to start happening or not, and I haven’t manipulated the HumanoidRootPart’s CFrame very often to determine the timeframe.

--LocalScript, StarterCharacterScripts
--Intended for use on an R15 rig.
script.Parent:WaitForChild("LowerTorso"):WaitForChild("Root").C0 *= CFrame.Angles(0, 0, math.pi/4)
1 Like

We are noticing strange behavior in some of our related games at this time (This DevForum post seems to be related to this?).

Users in our community server are reporting that they are still seeing animation replication issues. I haven’t had the chance to personally check for this in a group session but I pretended I’d ban them if they were lying + told them it was resolved 4 days ago just to test their spirit and they doubled down, so I am inclined to believe it is still occurring.

Will follow up with more information soon!

1 Like

I am having this issue again from around 4:00 PM pacific time. Idle animations on other characters are not replicating to the client. I can see my own animations, and I can see the animations of other players, but the Idle animations are not loading.

We are experiencing this issue in Warrior Cats: Ultimate Edition as well. From watching, it only occurs on idle animations; but not when in movement or doing other poses like sitting, walking, running. It also does not occur on every user in-game, and the user affected does not see themselves t-posing on their screen, only to others.

1 Like

Hello, this is also affecting one of our recently launched test projects (A Lion’s Pride) as well as Warrior Cats: Ultimate Edition.

We’ve gone through and exhaustively checked for any error on our end back when we originally encountered this as well as last night, and we are pretty stumped. It seems to be an entirely replication-based issue, which we just use the way Roblox has provided. (I.e we just play animations on an animator for characters, following all steps as recommended by Roblox.)

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

1 Like

Thankyou for your feedback!
We believe that this was due to a recent change to support streaming of Animators.
We strongly suspect that the immediate problem has just been fixed with a configuration change.
Let us know if you still experience problems!
Your tip has led us to a more robust solution for streaming of Animators. It should ship in the near future.
EDIT: This is in response to the idle spinning issue.

3 Likes

We are still experiencing replication issues regarding idle animations. Here is Pavalineox’s thread on the issue.

1 Like

Thankyou for your feedback!
Is it the case that these issues are fixed after Pavalineox’s latest detective work?

1 Like