Other post reactions like on Discourse Try

A like of course. Except we already have that and a rule against spam, what’s your point?

It really doesn’t. I run on an incredibly fast network. Manage to do huge downloads (about 30+ gigs) off my cloud servers within minutes while the devforum lags behind like an old lady.

Not really. It’s like instancing on Roblox. The more of the same is better compared to needing to put in 30 other things into the mix (because you’ll need to load many different reactions compared to just a like and comment).

1 Like

And it’s meaningless to have all those emojis, they all convey the same thing - just something positive, and it’s pretty obvious what that thing is depending on the post that’s recieving it.

3 Likes

Exactly why the like button exists

2 Likes

next to no one follows that rule and we can reduce that by adding more reaction features

1 Like

So instead of adding more pointless features maybe the focus should be on having people follow it instead?

2 Likes

Don’t know about you, but I haven’t seen any spam replies for as long as I’ve been on the forums
Also, a simple “thanks” or “oh I didn’t know that” reply isn’t exactly the end of the world

(Except for replies on troll posts)

1 Like

If likes don’t stop people from posting crap like “great post 30charrrrrrs” then I don’t see why other reactions would stop them from putting whatever other crappy posts they can come up with.

2 Likes

Neither can :luxembourg:. Doesn’t mean it’s necessary

3 Likes

You joined in October, probably that explains it.
Troll posts pop op pretty often, but they get removed fast by the DET. The longest I have seen one survive is 30 minutes, when people comment “Oh ok thanks!” “I love it”, or “Oh wow!” those could be replaced by reacting with :open_mouth:, :+1:, and :heart: , and reduce flags afor spam (I made it a use case)

1 Like

How can you say I’m not active when I’m posting every day, reading posts every day, have 57 solutions and over 144 hours read time

1 Like

Or they could channel that positivity into pressing the like button. But they don’t, so again, why do you (guys) think forum users would miraculously start using your surprised emoji?

2 Likes

What does this have to do with anything? People can have an opinion regardless of when they joined and how active they are lol. You’re grasping at straws now…

Hi there!
I can understand where you’re coming from and can see why adding a few extra reactions could be a useful feature. But, as what has already been discussed, the Developer Forums primary use isn’t a social platform and discussion between users is encouraged.

Adding extra reactions isn’t necessary in the slightest; the heart reaction is all that is needed. For example: The :astonished: is used to indicate a shock, surprise or an excitement emotion, what would be the point of adding it as a reaction; the heart reaction would show a similar emotion.

2 Likes

This is exactly why we need it, people saying that it’s useless.

A like is rather inconclusive, :+1: signals, Yeah, it’s what I mean!
:heart: signals “I like that post!”

This kinda fits in to what you’re saying, :heart: is pretty inconclusive when it comes to questions.

1 Like

What kind of backwards logic is this…

Because the like button isn’t meant for questions. That’s what a certain blue button is for. Can you guess what it is?

1 Like

It really isn’t. Once again, your comment was a perfect substitute for a reaction that could’ve been misinterpreted. Just as Kriss said, a heart isn’t meant for questions. The amount of reaching you are attempting to do is just saddening at this point…

1 Like

The example you gave is a perfect example that a heart reaction substitutes for any type of emote that implements a “Like” emotion. I’m not saying that a like reaction is a terrible idea, I’m saying that it isn’t necessary and thus wouldn’t be worth much effort.

2 Likes

Look at how many plugins the devforum has. Some post-approval plugins are still installed and half in the list are duplicates.

List of plugins

I have played around with the plugin about 2 weeks ago and these is some things I don’t think everybody knows.

• The reactions can be customized to any emoji(s).
  • Only one reaction counts as alike (By default the heart :hearts:)
  • I think reactions have a set amount you can give out in a 24 hour period (might be tied to the # of likes given out)

And I do support this change

2 Likes

I am totally in favor of this suggestion. We need more ways to express ourselves with reactions rather than replies that flood the thread. Apart from getting rid of the “cool update”, and “nice work” spam comments in threads, it gives us the opportunity to say what we feel about something in a specific way, rather than a gray heart filling up. Also for everyone saying that the DevForum isn’t social media. Let’s take a look at the definition:
If you think about it, the DevForum is a social media. Though don’t confuse it with the (supposedly) professional community that lies within, it still remains a social media platform. Therefore, reactions would be a much appreciated addition.

4 Likes