Other post reactions like on Discourse Try

Actually, if they take feedback like normal posts but not being opaque to the community, then this should’nt be a problem because you dont need to listen to ALL feedbacks, just the most useful ones.

Because they don’t need to. If theyre creation is good enough and the user does not have anything to say, he will just like, if he wants feedback it can surely pass that 30 ch ar limit.

2 Likes

A like is always positively charged and means “I like it”. If the person wants to add more to it, they can always comment on it as long as it doesn’t violate the spam rules on the forum.

1 Like

I’m coming back to this, and I will say that you probably cant say this anymore, they made it incredibly fast for me last night

Keyword: For you

It loads slightly faster but still noticeably slower than the main site for me especially when testing on a lower end device which most of the community uses this site from. Point still stands.

1 Like

A like is enough for that.

2 Likes

I would only support this if the reactions were as follows:

:heart: | :-1: | :man_facepalming: | :triangular_flag_on_post:

However, something tells me the latter 3 would incur the wrath of folks who make terrible posts getting upsets seeing negative engagement pushed onto their post.

I would disagree with this sentiment. I believe the reason for poor posts [especially when you see how disproportionately poor posts are by newer members] is because they think “if I just reply to everything I can become a Regular.” I think especially on Announcement threads, there are people who will post very low quality stuff right out the gate, hoping to almost “become the like button” for sake of generating more interaction with their posts. “If I get more likes, I’ll become a regular sooner.”

And no, this is entirely backwards thinking. Even with extra reactions added, these people would still post pointless posts. If they choose to disregard the :heart:, they aren’t gonna suddenly be interested just cuz now there’s some extra options to pick.

4 Likes