Our game's servers are getting crashed by exploiters - "Player has been removed from the DataModel"

So not a while ago, players have been sending me images of an exploiter crashing servers (no idea how)

We had a similair situation like a week ago which involved layered clothing, but that is now fixed.
Personally I have never even seen this type of error message so I’d like some info on what is this and how to potentially avoid it (server crashing).

4 Likes

Game have free models? Because if game have free models, they can have virus/backdoor (serverside). If game not have viruses/backdoor scripts, then maybe in game settings enabled api or http req. Also better check all scripts for backdoor and scripts.
If that not helped then try add anti-cheat to game.

2 Likes

We’ve checked for backdoors many times now, so its not a backdoor even though the game has a slight bit of free models.

1 Like

Nvm, it might be a backdoor

3 Likes

Then exploiter can use kick script, or thing named DarkDex.
And that “Player has been removed from the DataModel” mean that player was kicked from game (i know this from pinewood computer core admin cmds kick with that way).
Then i think exploiter use executor and execute scrip what can kick or crash server.

(I recommend using free models that have a lot of likes) btw if that SS then try look close when you join game because i know that many backdoors executors can be visible for 1-3 seconds while game loading.

I might’ve fixed it but unconfirmed yet, if in a couple hours nothing happens means it worked.
And since its just disabling a backdoor so I’ll give the solution to @lesharobloxv if the backdoor’s gone.

2 Likes

I recommend stay in game for a few hours and check developer console logs, to make sure here no more backdoors, etc.

Bought GameGuard plugin, it didn’t show any real threats and just showed false detections. So I don’t know what to do.

1 Like

Ok, now you get kick from game or no? btw is in game enabled api services and http req. ?

The backdoor deleted admin commands, the map and can do probably enything. HTTP is disabled

Wait what admin commands was? If that was HD admin commands then it not have any SS.

It is HD admin yeah -------------

Hold down Shift Control F in studio and search for require.

Interesting, HD admin commands not SS it the most popular admin commands and if that was SS everyone in twitter say that ofc.

Did that millions of times by now

1 Like

Yeah, exploiter who have SS he 100% will use require scripts

If it’s an exploiter then their remotes are extremely unsafe.

I highly doubt any remote can delete HD Admin and the entire map

What do you mean? Remotes can do anything server side.