"Out of registers when trying to allocate 4 registers" error broke QClash

When joining QClash, local clients cannot connect to servers anymore.
The bug happens 100% of the time as I write this.

Joining the game will result in the the error pictured above.

The bug started to occur sometime today, the first user report came in July 30th at 10:08PM PST.
We have not updated the game in about two weeks (July 16th). Seems to have just started happening today.

It seems to be coming from Nevermore’s module loading code: --- Nevermore module loader.-- Used to simply resource loading and networking - Pastebin.com, specifically line 170(?)
I wonder if it could be BindableEvent related?

1 Like

@zeuxcg I heard the new Lua VM was turned on for a bit recently. Looks like this might be the root cause.

2 Likes

Yikes, i played QClash a few days ago, didn’t encounter this then. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Yes, this is related. We’ve disabled the new VM for Q-Clash (place id 2029250188 presumably). Will need to look into this.

2 Likes

@zeuxcg This is still occurring on new servers, at least for Mac clients.

It definitely works fine on Windows - we may have a problem with place-specific filtering on Mac specifically though :-/ We’re looking into this.

Ok yeah we had place filtering issues on Mac, so we terminated the test a bit earlier to fix Q-Clash on Mac. Should be back to normal, sorry about this! (fwiw we’ve fixed the bug in the new VM and the fix will be released next week)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.