[Out of service \\ Deprecated] Words Of Terror Plugin

Hello! I am here to announce my newest plugin, and also first actual plugin, Words Of Terror.

Background
A little while ago I made this disaster of a plugin. It honestly did not even need to be a plugin in the first place, and for some reason I thought you could only save a single script to a plugin. It was embarrassing to say the least. After that I thought I could get a friend to make an actually okay plugin, and after calling @ExportedModule up we came up with an idea.

Description Of Plugin
You know the plugin Words Of Encouragement by @pa00? We thought of a plugin that did the opposite of that, and did it to the best of its abilities. I don’t think Roblox is going to ban us for this but just in case: I have made a severe lapse in my judgement and will never do it again.

What And How It Does Things
We didn’t want to have to update the plugin every time we added quotes, so instead it comes off of my web server and domain. This is why you’ll get a popup asking for the plugin to access:

https://black-catstudios.com/WoT-Util/Demotivation-Words.json

Don’t worry, we’re not trying to steal all of your info! If you’re getting sketchy vibes, check the plugin source here, or use a chrome extension to view the actual files and code.
Once it grabs the quotes, it formats them, gets a random friend from your friends list, slaps them on there, does a little math to calculate where on the screen the character’s head should be pointing at, and forces even your best of friends to say horrible family friendly things about you and your development.

Screenshots

Things Coming Soon

• Prevent a friend or quote from being set twice in a row
  • Better way of detecting mouse position so that your friend can stare at you easier (its really difficult to get and calculate for some reason Roblox has almost no support for it)
  • Tons more quotes

Thanks for reading lol, if you wanna suggest quotes you can dm me them or send them here.
Please dont ban me. :pleading_face:

CHANGELOG:

The first update is out! (v0.0.6)
This update adds:

• Padding around text
  • Offline mode (doesn’t have to connect to the server for quotes, but you will have much fewer)
  • Works in test mode
  • Added a toggleable mechanic where the plugin yells at you if a script errors (suggested by @Jumpathy)
  • Better error handling
  • UI changes
  • Settings now save
  • Fixed bug where the character would have two faces, example (view at your own risk):

v0.0.7 is out! This update includes:

• A new toggleable feature (suggested by @regexman ) where the widget reopens and gets mad when you try to close it
  • Made chat bubbles resize appropriately
  • Fixed settings bug where the saved settings didn’t apply correctly
  • Fixed a bug where viewport and image would display at the same time
  • Made the UI able to be much smaller
  • More quotes for script errors

v0.0.8

• Fixed bug where reloading the plugin would cause a random ratelimit on getproductinfo
  • Fixed a bug where pressing ctrl + z made the plugin unusable
  • Better error handling, now reloads a new dummy when the plugin errors
  • New quotes
  • Made the dummy much harder to mix up with your actual game
  • They now have idle poses, it uses the user’s actual idle animations [emotes coming soon!]

Thanks for coming back!

54 Likes

i cannot begin to explain how hilarious this is

7 Likes

I love it :joy:

If you want more downloads, I suggest uploading it like a regular plugin, then updating about once a month. Create a huge list to begin with, then every month add 20 or so new things to it.

Suggestion: It would be neat to have the ability to add custom people in, to scream at you. For example, you enter AlvinBlox’s name in a widget, and now he is the one harassing you.

2 Likes

NAHHHHHHH :sob:
alvinblox entering like once every hour saying “NO.”
and then just fading into the void :sob:

7 Likes

Thanks for the idea, I will definitely be adding that next update. :slight_smile: As for the quote management issue, I chose to use a json because its also fun to use haha idk why I didn’t include that in my original post.

1 Like

It would be amazing. I need @DenisDaily screaming hate at me in my life.

“check your window :trollface:”
“only you would do that. not saying thats a good thing. but yaknow.”
“alan turing shaking his coffin rn”
“haha nerd bug go brrrrrrrr”
“bing bong :spinningmonkeys:”
“w h e n i w a s y o u r a g e”
“bro why you look like that :skull:”

3 Likes

“TYPO :joy:”
“Oh no you didn’t.”
“Wrong button.”
“I can’t believe you did that.”
“REEEEEEEEEE”
“Your mom disapproves.”
“Don’t be like that.”
“HAHA NOOB”
"No U :trollface:”

1 Like

Uploaded a few of those, they’ll be on in around 3 to 5 minutes
same to you @Infinite_Visions

2 Likes

Pro dev tip: Install both plugins and set this one on the play solo layout, and mine on the edit layout. Never waste too much time messing around in play solo again!

8 Likes

You should make it get really angry when a script errors errors, reference: ScriptContext | Roblox Creator Documentation

4 Likes

that would be hilarious

“omg, your stupid script errored. you should just give up, its not like anyones gonna play your game anyway. you cant even write a simple script. i honestly feel bad for you, so embarassing. you are a disappointment to your whole family.”

6 Likes

It should be more like: “I can’t even believe your incredibly simple script just went so horribly wrong so fast like everything in your life always does. You literally had one job, it was to not be incompetent yet you couldn’t even achieve that goal. I don’t know whether or not to pity you for your horrible programming skills.”

100% not personal

3 Likes

“You are a disgrace to mankind. Go back to stackoverflow.”

8 Likes

Would it be possible in the future to create a GitHub to host the words list? My main reason for requesting something like this is a sense of security in you not logging random people’s IP addresses if you own the server they’re requesting to.

2 Likes

How strange but at the same time I congratulate you for spending your great time on this, “this will definitely help novice developers”, but seriously now, the idea is cool, I wouldn’t use it, but it’s cool.

1 Like

that is an amazing idea lol, will definitely add
only issue is some scripts are always bound to error so ill try to make it not repetitive

Yeah, I can set something up, and the whole IP thing got fixed I think

2 Likes

Take my like and bookmark. This will be hilarious.

Perhaps you can add a whitelist (for people you really want to scream at you) or a blacklist (for people you really don’t need insults from) system so people can choose who they want judging them.

2 Likes

Wait… Why do i like this? Epic Plugin you made there!

1 Like