[OUTDATED] Update on Game Passes

This is really bugging me, I made a game-pass the night Roblox added the update.

Now that they reverted it, I cant delete the pass, it just states
Error 400 Bad Request

The link of the gamepass is: Duck pass - Roblox

2 Likes

Iā€™d also like some confirmation on this, Iā€™ve had reports in the past about players not getting their items because theyā€™ve rejoined the same server before

Iā€™m aware this was reverted but any gamepass I upload now requires me to use PlayerHasPass otherwise it returns false in every case. This is an annoyance given that it isnā€™t a gamepass ID and it caches the results using the ā€˜newā€™ API.

Edit: NVM, this only happens in studio.

1 Like

Iā€™m having some issues with this such as it detecting that I own my own gamepass even when itā€™s deleted from my inventory. This is really annoying for testingā€¦

I donā€™t see how I can get the Gamepass Id from the Asset Id. I pasted the link with my Asset Id and the urls are exactly the same. Iā€™m confusedā€¦? Any help?

Looks like you missed the update (and the big text at the start of the post).

Getting the new IDā€™s in this system is nigh impossible and confusing as hell
What the hell kind of tutorial is:

Any time you go to the /gamepass/ directory it redirects you to the library asset link

1 Like

I donā€™t think this is enabled yet.

What should I use for the time being?

Use the regular IDs and PromptPurchase.

For checking the gamepass I mean

This one, I believe:
http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=API:Class/MarketplaceService/PlayerOwnsAsset

You can ignore any warnings it throws for game passes. Thatā€™s a side effect of them turning off this update but never removing the warning there.

1 Like

Can documentation be updated to reflect the fact that some of these services do not work? Iā€™ve been using PromptGamePassPurchaseFinished and itā€™s been disabled and thereā€™s no indication that it is. Will another update come that causes PromptPurchaseFinished to stop working in favor of using the gamepass version?

12 Likes

Itā€™d be handy if such a notification came through Studio, Output window or the in-game debug menu - perhaps even a warning - ā€œXā€¦ā€˜Is currently disabledā€™ā€

8 Likes

What makes this even more annoying is that the marketplaceservice functions have stopped working in studio with the output telling you to switch to the broken gamepassservice ones. Really really annoying - I remember a few months ago I swapped my entire game to the new system and then had to reverse it all after the gameā€™s purchases stopped working entirely.

10 Likes

Any news?

1 Like

same here

4 Likes

I spent a good few hours being confused on what to do with my gamepasses, can this be updated to be more clear please, what functions we should and shouldnā€™t use? Thanks.

19 Likes

@UristMcSparks @effward

2 Likes

Thank you all for patiently waiting for a response from us. We are actively working on updating our documentation on this and have an announcement coming up later this week in regards to it.

26 Likes