(output) observableValue undefined?

I honestly have no idea what this could be, i only know that an “observable” is a common data type(class) that is used to literally “observe” a value, with the value’s own type. Here’s an example:

local myString: Observable<string> = "hello" -- implementantion in lua for example

Could this be related to the “observableValue undefined” warning?

Oh and by the way I’m getting this warning too

2 Likes

Same thing here. It threw me off also because I thought something in one of
my code had a problem. Source for it isn’t available too.

Capture

This has broken leaderstats for me. 2/3 won’t appear, and I’ve changed nothing since before this update. After this update, 2/3 of my leaderstats are no longer appearing and this is what I see in the output. Very concerned.

Affecting in game, not just in Studio too.

2 Likes

I don’t seem to have any functional issues, but I’m getting the message in output.
What is odd is that I’m getting most of them through pressing Esc (makes the roblox menu pop up of course). It’s odd since it wouldn’t have anything to do with my scripts. Pressing hotkeys for my UIS events don’t trigger it.

I also get this on an empty baseplate.

The Studio bugs that have been going on the past week are inexcusable. This other bug has been happening for damn near a week now, and now this one? This new one is breaking a lot of functions with player events, like PlayerAdded, CharacterAdded, etc. in Studio.

These recent bugs have been making it a pain in the ass to do any sort of testing in Studio, especially for when you need 2 or more players - you cannot do an in-Studio server test. I have to now use multiple devices on a live server to get that going.

Having this issue as well - CharactedAdded event is now non-functional!

1 Like

Yep, I cannot run any code relating to when a player spawns in now. Re-wrote some code that is supposed to run when a player responds about 3 times before I noticed that weird output…

wow, that’s a lot of messages. i’ve only ever gotten one message as soon as i begin playtesting. super weird that different people are getting different amounts of messages.

this also might be why it’s somewhat related to PlayerAdded. maybe a value that determines if it’s a valid player or smth?

they mostly print when you mess around with the client side

1 Like

the client side with physical objects, values, events (e.g.: CharacterAdded), or ui stuff?

1 Like

mine happened when i emit particles from the client or shake the screen with it

1 Like

First reported about 22 hours ago, and the problem still persists for me. Awesome job, multi-billion dollar company!

4 Likes

Having this problem too

2 Likes

my studio also freezing sometimes with new update that added this when i click stop playing so fun

2 Likes

for me too its just keep printing this warn

1 Like

so every local script just got removed from my place, and when i try to revert back to an old version, there either empty/not there again. is anyone else having this problem?

1 Like

You can get that exact output printed again if you go into freecam (Shift+P)

If it happens on humanoid values like i thought its probably characteradded or onchildadded for humanoid