Overriding or disabling tool dropping

You can set an attribute on the tool like “NoBackpack” to true and assign an event, connect, loop, whatever you need so that if a player tries to put the tool away into the backpack (with Backspace key for example), you can assign the humanoid object to just re-equip the item again. A hacky way to make it work since the player can do silly things like try to equip, get bumped with an unequip, but it does work. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

FYI this has since been fixed.

If CanBeDropped is false Backspace currently does nothing leaving you free to implement whatever behavior you want in that case.

12 Likes

Great update! I’ve been looking forward to this for ages :open_mouth:

It use to make the player put the held tool away into the backpack, was that removed as well? I only ask since I had to remap the Backspace in my game to make the player unequip a tool back into the backpack when it was marked as “CanBeDropped” as false.

Yes, that’s the change I made: When CanBeDropped is false pressing backspace does nothing instead of returning the tool to the backpack.

If you really want that behavior you can add it back easily enough as you’ve done.

2 Likes

It’s fine, just want to make sure I understand the new behavior as I’m sure the question will come up again in the future from others. :grinning: