Own Audio File Won't Play

Hello.

I’ve been trying for a while to use my own audio assets in my games just to keep receiving this error in the output:

> Failed to load sound rbxassetid://[Number]: Unable to download sound data (x2)

The audio is my own that I have uploaded myself and it won’t work. As well, I granted it permission to be used in the specific experience when configuring it in the Creator Hub, but even then it still doesn’t work. This has been going on for a while now and has become very irritating. Any way to fix this?

4 Likes

I also have this issue, and still haven’t found a way to fix it. When I figure out a way to do so, I will contact you.

2 Likes

Maybe the audio you’re trying to add into your Roblox game has got removed due to copyrights issues or perhaps there’s an issue with your script itself?

1 Like

Audio getting removed is most likely the issue.

Roblox has a reputation of doing so.

1 Like

Haven’t played it through a script yet, just trying to upload the sound from the Toolbox under “My Audio”. I’ve checked and it has received no errors regarding copyright.

1 Like

Maybe then your audio still didn’t get verified by Roblox till you can use it.

1 Like

Check to see if you used the correct Universe ID. Also, make sure it wasn’t moderated by checking the description for “Violating Roblox TOS”

1 Like