Packaged models lag when you drag them around

When you drag a packaged model there is severe frame-rate drop and lag. I would normally expect no lag, just like when normally dragging a model.

This occurs every time when dragging a packaged model.

microprofile-20191221-151650.html (1.6 MB)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Display Memory: 7067 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2988 MB
Shared Memory: 4079 MB

Studiobug.rbxl (18.3 KB)

Drag the model, and then drag the packaged model to see the difference. If you want to recreate this issue from stratch:

Create two parts, group them and move around.

Create 3 parts, group them, set one of the parts in the grouped model as the parent part, then right click & package the model

Move around to see drop in FPS.

4 Likes

Hi @iMeepler, thanks for reporting! We will look into it.

[InternalTicket#21647]

1 Like

Wanted to follow up to see if this has been looked at/patched.

Still experiencing it in the most recent build of Roblox Studio as of today.

Hi @cloakedyoshi, this issue is on our list. I’ll keep you posted on the status of the ticket. Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

It’s still happening, but only when you destroy the PrimaryPart.

Thanks for reporting! A fix will be released next Thursday or Friday (May 14-15).

Update on May 13: The issue should have been addressed. Thanks!

This issue is still happening 90% of the time for me, regardless of whether there is a PrimaryPart or not. I would like to know if there is a fix being worked on.

1 Like

Hi @DJCreeper_167, thanks for reporting! We will release another fix next week.

1 Like

The fix has been shipped. Thanks!

3 Likes

Is the fix live yet? I’m still experiencing it some packages.

1 Like

Hi cloakedyoshi, recently we shipped another fix for the lagging issue. Can you retry it? If you can reproduce it, can you provide some details? Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for following up! I can no longer reproduce this issue using the packages that had this issue in 2020.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.