Packages are Permanently Broken For My Group

Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-02-06 00:02:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-02-27 00:02:00 (-07:00)

Reproduction Steps:
I can only seem to be able to reproduce this for one group in particular.

Here are some of the packages affected (should be private to the development team):
ReplicatedFirstFramework
SharedFramework
ClientFramework
CAssetsFramework
I also have server-side package links attached in a private message.

These are the repro steps, except that they only seem to work for the DataSpring Studios group in particular:

1. Create a folder in ReplicatedStorage
  2. Publish this folder as a package, and set the ownership to a group to DataSpring Studios
  3. Save a file with this package included (or publish a place), and then close this place
  4. Create a new place, import the package, and make changes.

At this point, pay attention to the “VersionNumber” property, as well as “Status”. It should say “Up-To-Date” after publishing these changes.

1. Close the new place without saving, and re-open the place that was saved earlier

Go into ReplicatedStorage, and look at the package. There will be no “Get Latest Package” prompt, and the VersionNumber will be outdated. However, the status will say “Up To Date.” If you delete and re-insert the package, it will fetch the latest version, but that requires a lot of manual effort.

Here’s a place file with out-of-date packages from two groups. Both are empty folders, but the package from DataSpring Studios will not check for updates:
OutOfDateRepro.rbxl (21.4 KB)

Expected Behavior:
I would expect there to be a “Get Latest Packages” prompt when right clicking these packages and an icon showing a new version available for both packages.

Actual Behavior:
I only see the icon showing a new version available for one package (the “Test” package owned by Horrific Games), and nothing for the “CAssetsFramework” Package owned by DataSpring Studios

DataSpring Studios Package:
CAssetsFramework

Horrific Games Package:
Package Bug Test

Workaround:
No workaround. I’m starting to think I’ll have to create an entirely new group to fix this issue.

5 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

We’ve identified the issue and pushed a change. Please let us know it works. Thanks!!

3 Likes

Seems to be working now. Thanks for the quick response!

1 Like

I’m getting a minor issue now where, if I have unpublished changes and I hit Alt+P to publish, the prompt that usually shows up saying “Failed to publish; you have unpublished changes to your packages” is no longer showing up, and instead publishing is just silently failing

To be fair, right now I rely heavily on the loophole that Team Create’s auto-publish (which happens when everyone leaves the team create server) will publish regardless of whether I left some packages unpublished, but this is inconvenient in that I now have to manually go through find which packages have unpublished changes before manually publishing to the team create place.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up question! We will address the issue some time next week.

2 Likes

The issue should be (completely) fixed now. Now, if you try to publish when there are modified packages, you should get the dialog listing all of them.

2 Likes

Our team is not able to see any package options when right clicking. All packages stopped updating or signifying change. Did something happen?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.